By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Dominate 09? (Note if you dont like Sony Stay out!)

swyggi said:
Didn't read all of the posts, but I believe the OP's "Note if you don't like Sony" warning had the complete opposite effect. Although it is expected here...

Well, it was stupid to begin with. This isn't some special club; it's a public forum. If no one was going to disagree with OP, then it would have been a circlejerk.

Around the Network

Hopefully, it needs to to stay in the console race.

i think it will do good against the 360 as the price should look like this by the end of 09 360 180$, 250$, 350$ and ps3 300$, 400$

the 80g should b only 50$ more than the 60g Pro and going by 07 wen the 40g was only 50$ more than the 20g pro the ps3 was dominating

As far as dominating the wii i don't think that will happen yet unless something big happens in the game industry

Ps3 also has a damn good SW line up this year

Play Me

My observation famchu? I'm sorry your sighing by the way, I am enjoying this. >_>, but I already made it very clear and this is probably the 3rd time I'm going to type this so please note it, the part in relation to this 'pigeon holing' is based on your example and I specifically pointed out in the very first case that I reffered to your example; that I was only applying your examples logic.

My logical arguement is that two wrongs don't make a right, to take it further than that would sound way too judgemental, and I didn't because that would be opinion and I'm being strict that I'm making an observation, but this conversation has taken a huge momentum shift to you being on the offensive, in fact the last couple of responses have been nothing but reexplinations and your probably sighing because I am not defending myself only clarifying what I already stated.

Like I said I wont give you the control your looking for, but again as I said before if your arguing me (and in your self appointed position which I recognized as being the spokesperson for all the people that I pegion-holed) then your arguing two things now.

1. That it's ok to jump into an acid tub if everyone else is too.
2. The you may be wrong but the OP is even more wrong, (But now your saying that you gave conditions, which has nothing to do with this conversation, it's discovery time and that wasn't discovered, I'd ask if you leave it out unless you want me to go back and look at this condition for some beneficial reason and not just to toss something out there as a distraction.)
(About: Distration - Distraction from what? I don't know your the one distracting if that's really the case.)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
My observation famchu? I'm sorry your sighing by the way, I am enjoying this. >_>, but I already made it very clear and this is probably the 3rd time I'm going to type this so please note it, the part in relation to this 'pigeon holing' is based on your example and I specifically pointed out in the very first case that I reffered to your example; that I was only applying your examples logic.

My logical arguement is that two wrongs don't make a right, to take it further than that would sound way too judgemental, and I didn't because that would be opinion and I'm being strict that I'm making an observation, but this conversation has taken a huge momentum shift to you being on the offensive, in fact the last couple of responses have been nothing but reexplinations and your probably sighing because I am not defending myself only clarifying what I already stated.

Like I said I wont give you the control your looking for, but again as I said before if your arguing me (and in your self appointed position which I recognized as being the spokesperson for all the people that I pegion-holed) then your arguing two things now.

1. That it's ok to jump into an acid tub if everyone else is too.
2. The you may be wrong but the OP is even more wrong, (But now your saying that you gave conditions, which has nothing to do with this conversation, it's discovery time and that wasn't discovered, I'd ask if you leave it out unless you want me to go back and look at this condition for some beneficial reason and not just to toss something out there as a distraction.)
(About: Distration - Distraction from what? I don't know your the one distracting if that's really the case.)

Gheesh you gave yourself the right alias that's for sure...

My whole arguing has been against your initial foray into this thread, where you proclaimed and I quote verbatim now;

"Oh at everyone in this thread who made a comment along the lines of the OP not wanting to hear another stance thus the reason for his: "If you hate the PS3 stay out." Need to note this thread, because by using that arguement it simply means you hate the PS3. That applies to all, sublime or not that's what was done."

This is your logic I'm arguing against in case there was some confusion - although I have no idea how it wasn't spelled out for you in the subsequent 5 posts where I was quoting it before?? I'm not going to let you change your stance on your logic to 'it was in defence of your analogy' when you pigeon-holed us here too.

To address your points;

1. I never condoned 'mob mentality' or seeked to influence others with a 'me too' attitude.  I've got no idea where you're getting this idea from.  I think for myself and that's the conclusion I came to.

2. Where am I wrong? Your statement in the above quote defies logic on the grounds you can't see past the fact that there can possibly be more than two perspectives - you either hate the PS3 or not, which is wrong.  I don't hate the PS3, but I'm free to call out any qualifiers to a question thats intent is to seek a desired response.  My 'distraction' proves that there is!

If you've been debating against a fictitious analogy then you've been wasting your time.  Unless you can defend what you stated above, then your re-explanations for a point in which you never actually made "two wrongs don't make a right" - are useless.

We don't have to bore the rest of VGChartz readers with our debate.  If you want to discuss further PM your IM account to me and I'll gladly spend all night telling you how your logic is wrong.

Around the Network

This thread went to hell. My god can anyone make a fucking thread on VGC without trolls coming out of holes to derail it? This site is becoming more pathetic as the days go on.

The PlayStation 3's lineup in 2009 puts the Wii's and 360's to shame.

1. Killzone 2
2. God of War III
3. Uncharted 2
4. Gran Tourismo 5
5. FF XIII Versus
6. White Knight Chronicles
7. MAG
8. DC Universe Online
9. Heavy Rain
10. inFamous
11. Ratchet and Clank 2
12. Team Ico's Game

plus 3rd party games: Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, Tekken 6, COD MW2

Sony's console has the best game lineup of the year by far you can't even honestly try to bring up a legitimate argument against it.

PSN ID= bigdaddymoo

MSI GT725-074 owner..... TRUE BEAST.. COD4 is a different game on PC.

vthokiesrmoo said:

The PlayStation 3's lineup in 2009 puts the Wii's and 360's to shame.

1. Killzone 2
2. God of War III
3. Uncharted 2
4. Gran Tourismo 5
5. FF XIII Versus
6. White Knight Chronicles
7. MAG
8. DC Universe Online
9. Heavy Rain
10. inFamous
11. Ratchet and Clank 2
12. Team Ico's Game

plus 3rd party games: Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, Tekken 6, COD MW2

Sony's console has the best game lineup of the year by far you can't even honestly try to bring up a legitimate argument against it.

Well, Wi-only owners will say that their lineup hasn't been announced yet, but they said the same thing about the 2nd half of 2008 before E3 last year, and it turned out that they really didn't have anything. We'll see, but so far I agree with you, except it's not R&C2...PS3 R&C2, I guess...if you use Nintendo's naming of games since SNES.

Half of those games are not even confirmed yet for sure for 2009. I mean "Team Ico's Game"?? A game that doesn't even have a name yet probably won't be released this year, especially on the PS3 where developing takes ages. Plus as others already have said: The Line-up is a thing of taste for each individually so for Wii-only owners the Wii probably still has a better line-up, same for the X360.

Sony to Dominate 2006 2007 2008 2009