By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Dominate 09? (Note if you dont like Sony Stay out!)

NO! Sony will only dominate in the minds of deluded fanboys in the realm of personal preference (my game line up is better than yours, other people that agree with me say so!)

And now the Sony Singers with the Sony Fight Song!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

Around the Network
windbane said:
vthokiesrmoo said:

The PlayStation 3's lineup in 2009 puts the Wii's and 360's to shame.

1. Killzone 2
2. God of War III
3. Uncharted 2
4. Gran Tourismo 5
5. FF XIII Versus
6. White Knight Chronicles
7. MAG
8. DC Universe Online
9. Heavy Rain
10. inFamous
11. Ratchet and Clank 2
12. Team Ico's Game

plus 3rd party games: Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, Tekken 6, COD MW2

Sony's console has the best game lineup of the year by far you can't even honestly try to bring up a legitimate argument against it.

Well, Wi-only owners will say that their lineup hasn't been announced yet, but they said the same thing about the 2nd half of 2008 before E3 last year, and it turned out that they really didn't have anything. We'll see, but so far I agree with you, except it's not R&C2...PS3 R&C2, I guess...if you use Nintendo's naming of games since SNES.

Well I would say I have absolutely no interest in buying even one of those twelve games. I would further point out that a lot of them have no release date and some are unlikely to even make it this year. Different people liking different games and all that.

NB: The lack of a line-up was used as an attack against the last half of the 2007 and first half of the Wii 2008 software line-up. It is an interesting if not completely unrelated topic though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Oh, that's what your arguing about: ^_^

It is what it is, and I stand by it, if you read the OP that line makes much more sense though, but if your looking at it for what it is; in it's own context then I can see why your conversing about it.

Also my first post in this thread was actually mocking the OP and all the derailing posts =P If you go back to page one I tried do the blind fanatic role using Wii Bingo as a guide line. This thread should of been an opportunity for the people that did derail this thread or just trolled (whatever trolling means) this thread to learn about the PS3, from all the "smug" that probably would of developed. (Using negative fanatic imagination here for "smug" =P)

I was on n4g yesterday seeing what was hot on the news lines for the Wii, I saw an interview with Inafune mentioning the Wii's success; I of course saw 54 comments and couldn't resist, the ammount of hate for the games, was amazing, but the logic was insane.

User 1: They should drop this crap game and make a real Sequal on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

User 2: Yea man! Bubbles to you!

User 3 : "They should drop this crap game and make a real Sequal on the Xbox 360."
-Corrected for accuracy.

User 1: Why User 3? Isn't it fair that everyone get an opportunity to play these games!?"

I was awe struck and continued on to read what Inafune had to say.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@Gnizmo-

Do you have a console? It's most likely not a PS3 if you're not excited about any of those games. You failed to share which games you are excited about, what are they?

PSN ID= bigdaddymoo

MSI GT725-074 owner..... TRUE BEAST.. COD4 is a different game on PC.

nope. Sony will be 3th this year again. Wait till the ps4 to see a Sony comeback

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
windbane said:
vthokiesrmoo said:

The PlayStation 3's lineup in 2009 puts the Wii's and 360's to shame.

1. Killzone 2
2. God of War III
3. Uncharted 2
4. Gran Tourismo 5
5. FF XIII Versus
6. White Knight Chronicles
7. MAG
8. DC Universe Online
9. Heavy Rain
10. inFamous
11. Ratchet and Clank 2
12. Team Ico's Game

plus 3rd party games: Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, Tekken 6, COD MW2

Sony's console has the best game lineup of the year by far you can't even honestly try to bring up a legitimate argument against it.

Well, Wi-only owners will say that their lineup hasn't been announced yet, but they said the same thing about the 2nd half of 2008 before E3 last year, and it turned out that they really didn't have anything. We'll see, but so far I agree with you, except it's not R&C2...PS3 R&C2, I guess...if you use Nintendo's naming of games since SNES.

Well I would say I have absolutely no interest in buying even one of those twelve games. I would further point out that a lot of them have no release date and some are unlikely to even make it this year. Different people liking different games and all that.

NB: The lack of a line-up was used as an attack against the last half of the 2007 and first half of the Wii 2008 software line-up. It is an interesting if not completely unrelated topic though.

There are very few gametypes that I do not like, so I find it ridiculous that there isn't a game on that list you would like. If you aren't lying, then you are very picky.

Also, if you judge by the only objective measure, game reviews, then I think the story will be the same: PS3 will have more highly reviewed games.

What are you waiting for on the Wii that has you looking down on that entire list?

Edit:  and btw, I have a Wii, but there has been very little to play on it lately

vthokiesrmoo said:
@Gnizmo-

Do you have a console? It's most likely not a PS3 if you're not excited about any of those games. You failed to share which games you are excited about, what are they?

Imdeed I do have a console. A few of them in fact. What I am looking for is far from what you would expect in most gamers. Sin and Punishment 2, and Bleach: Versus Crusade are must buys from me. Hell I plan on importing Bleach soon as I have the spare cash (and pick up Bangai-O Spirits). Treasure can simply do no wrong for my money, so all of those games must be bought. Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 of course have me excited. Blizzard makes nothing but pure awesome games these days. Of ourse they aren't going to be as good as the Treasure games, but then again not everyone can be perfect.

Street Fighter 4 (just realized it was in the last part of your list), and Capcom vs Tatsunoko from Capcom also have my eye of course. I'd think about RE5. but the dual-analog controls will likely ruin it for me. I plan on giving the Ghostbusters game a whirl as it seems to have some promise (Twesterm hypes games much bettertan the rest of you combined). Tenchu 4 has my eye, but the last one I played was bad and I hear it has gone down hill since then. Still with the original developers back I have hope.

Bayonetta and Madworld are being pushed on me pretty hard lately. I must say I have a passing interest in both as it comes from the studio that gave me Viewtiful Joe which was pure awesome. Never tried their other works, so I might pick-up Okami or God hand to familiarize mself with more of their work. Oneechanbara has me curious but not because I think it will be a good game (360 version). The latest Sega Gensis collection coming ut seems pretty cool as well. The platforms it is on (or more specifically not one) confuses the living hell out of me, but whatever. I never let where a game goes count against it before so no reason to start now.

There are some already out of course that I am dying to play. Disgaea 3 has had my love since the moment it was announced. I am still heart broken that I can't afford a PS3 just for it, but that is a hard purchase to justify for the few other games I would buy. Disgaea 2 for the PSP might finally push me over the edge in buying it though. The collection of SRPGs on that system is powerful indeed. Hopefully Nippon Ichi makes a few more games and then I can spend the money in good conscious.

Now I am not trying to say those games you have lusted are bad, or that my favorite games are better (save the Treasure games which are better than all others) but I am trying to make a point. People have widely varying tastes. To say something as silly as one system clearly has a better software line-up than another reeks of personal bias. There is next to no way to show which games are actually better for the mass consumer.

If we want to talk about dominating you either need to back it with sales, or I guess Metacritic/Gamerankings numbers. I don't trust either of them personally, but they are semi-objective measures of something. Of course something doesn't have to dominate to be the most amazing experience ever. If you think the PS3 is hands down the best then more power to you. I can't disagree. If people go spouting off about it and making threads for it then I feel the need to respond though.

@Windbane
 You can find what I saw as unbelievable as you like, but it is the truth. I will gladly PM you a detailed list of what I dislike about each of the games on the list if you like. I am very picky though so you have a point there.

Also, I fail to see how game reviews are anymore an objective source than sales of a game are. Reviewers say which game is better with one, and consumers say it with the other.One of them consistently favors the Wii, and the other the 360 seemingly. Both are irrelevant to the individual though and not really worth paying attention to in anything but an academic sense. I have hated all the top reviewed games this generation, and have no interest in most of the top selling ones. See above for what I am interested in.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

PS3 has a definite chance of at least going to 2nd very soon.  According to the sales figures on the front page of this site, PS3 is roughly 8 million units shy of the 360.  If the price drop happens, that gap will narrow tremendously.  Mind you, the 360 has a year-long head start and it's starting to lose ground to Sony.

I'm not being a fanboy or saying that one is better than the other (I own all 3 consoles and both handhelds), but we all know that PS3's biggest hurdle is its price...

ps3 has the strongest line up of games by far for 09. the rumored price cut will also definantly increase sales. i dont know that it will pass the xbox in sales for 09 but will atleast close the gap

JRoman1976 said:

PS3 has a definite chance of at least going to 2nd very soon.  According to the sales figures on the front page of this site, PS3 is roughly 8 million units shy of the 360.  If the price drop happens, that gap will narrow tremendously.  Mind you, the 360 has a year-long head start and it's starting to lose ground to Sony.

I'm not being a fanboy or saying that one is better than the other (I own all 3 consoles and both handhelds), but we all know that PS3's biggest hurdle is its price...

How can the 360 be losing ground to Sony if the gap has only increased since the launch of the PS3?  And the gap right now is the biggest it has ever been, and not to mention, the 360 stomped on PS3 last holiday season.