By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 50 million consumer Wii sales at end of fiscal year, possible?

pimpcoop said:
There is no way the Wii can sale over at least 6.20 Mil to get to 50 Million. That will not happy in 08, but it will in January of 09

Watching your video about third parties and omigosh we're reacting with the sales of the Wii in 20 million?!!  Since you're angry about it on 3rd parties what more now?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

OH fiscal year is 31st of March, thought it was the first.

In that case, without a doubt. Much more, actually.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

carlos710 said:
Yes.

I still remember when I predicted (months ago) that the Wii was going to sell between 50-60 millions by the end of the fiscal year.... seems like I was right despite all the Wii haters calling me crazy =)

@yushire

Overall the Wii is clearly beating the ps2 so far. Only in Japan is losing when you align launches, but it has a good avantage everywhere else

link the thread you posted about it? Just to share it with everybody...

@kantor---> I did say the fiscal year...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

^I wasn't aware of what exactly the fiscal year was. I was pretty sure it began on 1st march...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
^I wasn't aware of what exactly the fiscal year was. I was pretty sure it began on 1st march...

It ends with the end of March. Then the start of fiscal year starts in April the good part really...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

i reckon 52 milllion by that time

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

yushire said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9556&page=2

That thread is from 2007 =)

look at some of my quotes from that page:

"

Second, i said early 09, after the 1st quarter, or around march/april

Finally, i think the Wii will get a price cut next year, and i believe that Wii Fit/Smash Bros/Mario kart all are bigger system sellers than Mario Galaxy itself. Plus with the wii getting much more quality and support in terms of 3rd party sofware i think every gamer will want one, i can see you yourself buying a Wii at least only for Smash bros/mario kart, even if you love your xbox. The wii should be able to do around 10m just in christmas 08. Remember that a current problem for the Wii is Nintendo not being able to produce enough to supply all the demand... that should be fixed in 2008.

55m+ is the least i can see the Wii doing by early 09. "

".... however i agree that my prediction depends on two factors to be true, a Wii price cut and Nintendo improving their Wii production."

So i was expecting a price cut in 08 and sales of about 55million by the end of the fiscal year, with a price cut and increased production. Nintendo increased their production, but we didn't saw a price cut... and still i was really close :O)

by the way, it was funny to browse through some of my old posts and check all my old predictions =)

Like me predicting all 3 of Brawl, Kart and Wii Fit to outsell any ps3 game this year =)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:
yushire said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9556&page=2

That thread is from 2007 =)

look at some of my quotes from that page:

"

Second, i said early 09, after the 1st quarter, or around march/april

Finally, i think the Wii will get a price cut next year, and i believe that Wii Fit/Smash Bros/Mario kart all are bigger system sellers than Mario Galaxy itself. Plus with the wii getting much more quality and support in terms of 3rd party sofware i think every gamer will want one, i can see you yourself buying a Wii at least only for Smash bros/mario kart, even if you love your xbox. The wii should be able to do around 10m just in christmas 08. Remember that a current problem for the Wii is Nintendo not being able to produce enough to supply all the demand... that should be fixed in 2008.

55m+ is the least i can see the Wii doing by early 09. "

".... however i agree that my prediction depends on two factors to be true, a Wii price cut and Nintendo improving their Wii production."

So i was expecting a price cut in 08 and sales of about 55million by the end of the fiscal year, with a price cut and increased production. Nintendo increased their production, but we didn't saw a price cut... and still i was really close :O)

by the way, it was funny to browse through some of my old posts and check all my old predictions =)

Like me predicting all 3 of Brawl, Kart and Wii Fit to outsell any ps3 game this year =)

So everyone at that time thinks he 360 will be in 3rd place? FUN-NEH! :)

E3 2010- Tape runs out

It's more or less a certainty because Nintendo's projection is 52 million April 1st 2009 and Nintendo always is very conservative in its shipment estimates.

BengaBenga said:
It's more or less a certainty because Nintendo's projection is 52 million April 1st 2009 and Nintendo always is very conservative in its shipment estimates.

So Nintendo are conservative at that estimates? So they really think they can sell more than 52 million Wiis at the end of the fiscal year?

E3 2010- Tape runs out