By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 50 million consumer Wii sales at end of fiscal year, possible?

check the sig

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

I reckon round about 80 mil Wiis at end of '09. Perhaps more if they ramp up supply even more!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Avinash_Tyagi said:
check the sig

I like your sig because its becoming true...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

70 million by the end of 09 would be much more logical 74 million to be exact.

What your saying seems impossible. 80 million... thats roughly 28 million Wii's in 7 months.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
70 million by the end of 09 would be much more logical 74 million to be exact.

What your saying seems impossible. 80 million... thats roughly 28 million Wii's in 7 months.

So only 20 million Wiis in 9 months  including the holiday season and with supply increase? I think your prediction was more impossible... 

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Around the Network

Yushire you mind explaining how 28 million Wiis will be sold in 7 months, thanks in advance.

its actually 9 months so you're wrong in your points already.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

in 9 months, with december being about 4-6 million in sales, and november being 3-4 million sales, means that in 7 months they have to sell about 18-20 million, which would be a little less than 3 million a month on average, so yeah very doable

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Anyway, with the sales of Wiis so far and surprised loyal HD fans why 80 million plus isnt possible?

Anyone knew doubters that Ninty says they will sell 50 million wiis in the end of fiscal year?

E3 2010- Tape runs out

9 months is more than enough time to sell 28 million, 3 million basically a month, and I'm going to say the average would be 2.5 million a month which is in line with what I was reffering to above, so relatively if your speaking about 9 months then adding two months to my calculation on 7 would be around 28 million.

What I don't understand is why Yushire was arguing my point knowing that you were speaking about 9 months and I was speaking about 7 where all I needed was clarification. I did also note that I wasn't sure if you were counting April.