By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 50 million consumer Wii sales at end of fiscal year, possible?

yushire said:
BengaBenga said:
It's more or less a certainty because Nintendo's projection is 52 million April 1st 2009 and Nintendo always is very conservative in its shipment estimates.

So Nintendo are conservative at that estimates? So they really think they can sell more than 52 million Wiis at the end of the fiscal year?

Yes, that's what their projections are. They basically promise the shareholders that that's the amount of Wii's they'll sell. And Nintendo is not the company to make promises they can't deliver, so yes, it's a certainty that on April 1st at least 52 million Wii's have been shipped, which in case of Wii is more or less the same as sold.

Around the Network
gog85 said:
in the sales data for the week ending 27th Dec, i would say Wii sales may be somewhere between 1.5 - 2 million (due to final christmas rush and boxing day sales)

that would leave about 4.2 - 4.5 million to be sold in the last 14 weeks of the financial year.

meaning 300 - 322 thousand is the weekly average needed to reach 50 million.

now the weekly average this year (outside of the holiday period) has been around the 300-350 thousand mark.

so it would seem likely that it will make 50 million.

however with sales being so high in the holiday period, it's possible that popularity and demand for the Wii may increase. sales could hit an average of 400k.

Nintendo's target is 52 million. and they'll ship that many. i would say actual sales could be around 50.9 to 51.4 million.

FYI - From the week ending Jan 5th '08 to the week ending Nov 1st the Wii averaged ~373k units per week.  Which comes out to ~16.43M units over 44 weeks.

To Each Man, Responsibility
BengaBenga said:
yushire said:
BengaBenga said:
It's more or less a certainty because Nintendo's projection is 52 million April 1st 2009 and Nintendo always is very conservative in its shipment estimates.

So Nintendo are conservative at that estimates? So they really think they can sell more than 52 million Wiis at the end of the fiscal year?

Yes, that's what their projections are. They basically promise the shareholders that that's the amount of Wii's they'll sell. And Nintendo is not the company to make promises they can't deliver, so yes, it's a certainty that on April 1st at least 52 million Wii's have been shipped, which in case of Wii is more or less the same as sold.

Really? Then cool. 50 million wiis in march 2009 definitely confirmed so Ninty can shipped over 300,000 units this coming year right? BTW are Wiis still supply constraint or not? Seem I didnt heard a report about it.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Hmm from what I can tell... Iwata was the one who mentioned at number, yes it's possible... no it will happen.

Nintendo is probably planing on putting some of that money that's been collecting dust to work.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Depends entirely on supply, how many Wii's they can pump out in the first three months

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Depends entirely on supply, how many Wii's they can pump out in the first three months

In a slow month the Wiis cans sell in average of 1.2 M a month so is it possible?

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Avinash_Tyagi said:

Like I posted before, Nintendo already made a comitment to the shareholder of 52 LTD supply of Wii per April 1st 2009.

BengaBenga said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Like I posted before, Nintendo already made a comitment to the shareholder of 52 LTD supply of Wii per April 1st 2009.

Then that means that they will have enough supply

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
BengaBenga said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Then that means that they will have at least (probably moderately more than) enough supply

I FYP, Added bold =)

To Each Man, Responsibility

So whats the prediction then in the end of 2009? 90 M at the end of the year or more?

E3 2010- Tape runs out