By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So end of 2009?

nojustno said:
Slimebeast said:

VGC number for end of year 2008 (including week ending 3d Jan) will have the X360 at 27.5 mill, the PS3 at 19.5 mill and Wii at 45.5 mill.

I feel though that VGC has over-tracked all 3 consoles, and that adjusted after shipment figures will be:

X360: 26.5 mill (=10.5 mill sold in 2008)
PS3: 18.5 mill (9.5 mill sold)
Wii: 44 mill (24.5 mill sold)

Therefore I perdict for 2009:

X360: 36.5 mill (+10 mill)
PS3: 30.5 mill (+12 mill)
Wii: 69 mill (+25 mill)

Note: Im assumin a big price cut $100 on the PS3 in March, followed by a small $50 on the X360. This will severly hurt X360's momentum and bring the PS3 back in the game.

$100 pricecut is VERY unlikely seeing how expensive ps3 still is to manufacture

http://kotaku.com/5117096/playstation-3-still-selling-at-a-loss-but-a-much-smaller-loss

And why would losing money ever cause Sony to not drop the price. They did it when they were losing MUCH  more.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

@outlawauron

Before Sony as a whole wasn't facing challenges such as the bad economy, now they are. I'm not saying they won't have a pricecut, what I am saying is that those two situations are different.

Acevil said:

@outlawauron

Before Sony as a whole wasn't facing challenges such as the bad economy, now they are. I'm not saying they won't have a pricecut, what I am saying is that those two situations are different.

I know. I was just being sacarstic. But at the same type, they're used to losing money.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yeah but in this economy, with tight credit, you can't just take on debt like Sony has done in the past, too much debt can sink you right now since you can't easily get more loans

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)