By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
tombi123 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
tombi123 said:
supermario128 said:
The Wii will have at least 65% market share by the end of 2009.

LOL?

The Wii will NEVER reach 65% market share.

Yeah it will, you see the 360 and PS3 will never get beyond 80 million combined, meaning Wii will only need 148 million to have 65% marketshare, it will get that easily

I see the long break hasn't changed you much

It has, where once I only hoped for Wii's success, now I see that it is inevitable

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

ps3 without price cut would probably easily do 30 million by the end of 2009 so i dont know how some of you even think with the price cut it will only do that much! if ps3 stays at the same price it is, then it will easily do 30 million by 2009 but if there was a price drop it would easily do 35 million maybe even 40 million, if sony time it perfectly around abig release. there are some damn big releases for ps3 next year! final fantasy in japan and GT5 everywhere.

the 360 will probably be around 38- 40 million and i aint even going to bother with the wii.

My sig.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Legend11 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Kzoellner said:
wii- 60 mil
ps3 (with price cut)- 37 mil
360 - 40 mil

Even ignoring the outlandishness of the PS3 and 360 predictions, your Wii prediction is insane, it'll be around 46 million by end of year, and will defintely sell more than 14 million next year

And your minimum level for the 360 being 3 million next year doesn't seem outlandish to you?  It sold over 10 million this year, part of that at a higher price point, and you seem to feel that sales are going to plummit for it next year?  Possibly to 3 million?  That seems far more outlandish to me actually.

No, its less outlandish to see the 360 selling only 3 million as a low end of a range than to have the Wii sell only 14 million, Wii can do that in a matter of a few weeks with enough stock

It takes a big man to admit they were wrong.

No one thinks that a deeper recession will slow down the market rather than increase sales?? With the way companies are laying off people by the boatloads, you'd think that videogames would not be the highest priority to get for most people.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
tombi123 said:
supermario128 said:

LOL?

Yeah it will, you see the 360 and PS3 will never get beyond 80 million combined, meaning Wii will only need 148 million to have 65% marketshare, it will get that easily

It really sounds EASY when you put it that way lol. I'm sure you think it'll make 65% by 2009 too, no?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

superryo said:
No one thinks that a deeper recession will slow down the market rather than increase sales?? With the way companies are laying off people by the boatloads, you'd think that videogames would not be the highest priority to get for most people.

Some people seem to think that during times of recession more people are apt to stay home for their entertainment which might benefit videogames.

tombi123 said:
supermario128 said:

LOL? 

OK, maybe not by the end of 2009, but it will get there.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

i bet

360 : 40 mln
PS3 : 31 mln
wii : 60 mln

@allergic: So Wii sales will drop 12 million even with an increase in production, while PS3 and 360 sales will see an increase?

Wow, just wow.