By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 all shooters????

Well, out of the 120+ games available, only 17% are FPS or TPS.

Check the link: http://fpssource.net/2007/08/08/17-of-all-xbox-360-titles-are-fpstps/

Edit: fixed link.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I posted this b/c im tired of hearing that all the 360 has are shooters.

Yeah, that's probably lingering from the original X-Box which made it's name by and large on FPS and TPS games.
MS has tried their best this time around to be more versatile, and they're quite successfull at it imo.

Still, there's a long way to go, though. It's not my console of choice.

The 360 is definitely lacking in some areas (platformers for example) but I find it strange when people criticize it for that considering the other consoles also have problems in certain genres as well.

Yeah I am tired of hearing the 360 only has shooters bunk as well. The funny thing is the vast majority of people that make that erroneous assertion are the very same ones that tout Killzone 2, Haze, and UT3 for PS3.

Edit: You make an excellent point Legend. In fact, I think plaftormers are the only real hole in the 360 line up. Outside of Kameo and the upcoming Banjo-Kazooie 3, I can't think of any platformers on 360.

Around the Network

The name MS made for themselves during Xbox1 saying they only had FPS and TPS has carried over even though its only 17% of games on the X360 a consumer view isnt easily changed once its set.Yes they do have holes in there games library but they are getting a much better lineup but having an FPS has there flagship game doesnt help either.They might have LOADS of games in other genres but not many of them have been established has a franchise i.e.MassEffect,EternalSonata and any new I.Ps that are on X360 exclusively.Bioshock was given 10/10 and 90-100% in reviews so i think everyone can agree thats gonna be a good game but......its an FPS.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

outlawauron said:

Well, out of the 120+ games available, only 17% are FPS or TPS.

Check the link: http://news.punchjump.com/article.php?id=4655

Oops, I created a redundant thread in the Microsoft Forum.  Of course, mine does link to relevant articles, this link is for "PS3 sales keep pace in Japan"...

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

oops. I copied and pasted the wrong link. fixing.

Yet the best sellers will be FPS, well they already are.

yeah 17% is still quite alot relative to paystation 1/2/3 and the nintendo consoles. If there are 120 games thats still 20-21 FPS/TPS, and when you think of the number of sports games, it doesnt leave enough games from other genres. Although the 360 is far more versatile than the original xbox but still has a long way to go.