By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 all shooters????

...Maybe that's because the developers know a highly rated FPS will sell good, so they make them more often?

It's supply side economics: you make what sells. The problem is that developers haven't noticed that the X360 is trying to break out of the FPS/TPS mold and go into other things. Sports games, for example, have done very very well on the X360 - far better than they did on the Xbox.

It's just a matter of time that the userbase broadens more and more, forcing developers to notice that other games do well. RTSes are also becoming more and more regular on the 360. Also, the fact is, the X360 is very PC-heavy in userbase, and producer base. Because of this, we can see the genres that mirror PC games very easily (sans sim games).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

You know funny this topic should come up. I just did some counting courtesy of Wikipedia and out of 318 Wii games only 15 are party/minigames. This is all announced and released games.  These games include:

Barnyard: Party Animals
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
Bomberman Land: Wii
Carnival Games
Cooking Mama
Cooking Mama 2
EA Playground
Mario & Sonic
My Word Coach
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Wii Play
Wii Fit
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Asterix at the Olympic Games

For those keeping track that's 4.7%. Now you want to tell me how Wii deserves it's mini-game machine reputation if the 360 doesn't deserve it's shooter machine reputation?

Action and Adventure games on 360 ARE shooters, they wrongly only say First Person Shooters...

That being said, the 360 has a great line-up. And the genre defining BioShock is going to make that even better (RPG Shooter).

(When does Bomberman Land Wii hit the US?)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I always thought it had a reputation for budget titles, minigames, ports, and spinoffs? Basically cheap and quick to make cash-in titles.

Hus said:
Darc Requiem said:
Hus said:
Yet the best sellers will be FPS, well they already are.

Whats the best selling game on PS3 right now Hus?

plural, look it up.

The fact that you didn't answer my question proves my point Hus. The best selling on PS3 is an FPS game. Resistance. As soon as you stop fawning over games like Resistance, Haze, Killzone 2, UT3, etc., you can start attacking the 360 for having shooters. The 360 has a for more diverse and lineup than the PS3. I will be buying three top quality JRPGs on my 360 in the next few months. How many will my brother be buying for his PS3? Zero because there are none to be had.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
I always thought it had a reputation for budget titles, minigames, ports, and spinoffs? Basically cheap and quick to make cash-in titles.

The 360?  Dude don't you know the 360 is known for it's deep and compelling JRPG's and quirky dating sims? (Humor. No?)

How did Wii come up in here anyway

Oh and @MrStickBall: PC Gamers play puzzle, simulation, RPG and strategy games, I thought.  Those genres dominate the PC market from what I understand.  But I would really like to see the demographics on who buys what.  Is it realy PC gamers who bought the Xbox and Xbox 360, or is it previous Nintendo and Sony buyers.  It is hard to tell, because so many households have PCs.  Is the percentage of 360 who own PCs really bigger than the percentage of Wii or PS3 owners who own PCs?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Agree. Peopla cant say the only reason to buy the 360 is if you like shooter/Fps. Im a big fan but im not blind.

Carpe Diem!

anyway the term FPS is totally outdated.... we can't put all FPS or TPS under one category anymore.... it's becoming like music you have vast sub groups.... with their own specifics... and huge differences.... the fact that you use fire weapon is just their common denominator... but like you could say in rock and metal they have drums and a guitar....

That list is rather misleading.

The 360's best-selling titles are, in fact, shooters, sports games, and racing/driving sims. It may have games in the other genres, but they're mostly just shovelware. It still doesn't have anything big when it comes to platformers, adventure games, fighting games, JRPG's, or offstyle racers.

The fact that it sells decently in N. America, poorly in Europe, and next to nothing in Japan should you that.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Umm I think you need to look up the meaning of the word shovelware.