By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 all shooters????

I'm not sure about you but I'm unable to time travel into the future so for me it's more of the here and now for games, why would anyone want to simply sit around in 2007 and wait for games coming in 2008 or 2009? And you never answered my question, please count up the number of rpgs the 360 has now and will have in the next few months and compare that to the PS3.

Around the Network

@ grandma

check that post and you'll know http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=5510

I count 13 RPG JRPG total on 360

but I hardly considere games other than ME, oblivion TW as RPG as you don't build your own character on JRPG and action RPG... but that's my former geek paper role palyer feeling

13 with 2009 releases

Legend11 said:
I'm not sure about you but I'm unable to time travel into the future so for me it's more of the here and now for games, why would anyone want to simply sit around in 2007 and wait for games coming in 2008 or 2009? And you never answered my question, please count up the number of rpgs the 360 has now and will have in the next few months and compare that to the PS3.

Buying a next-gen console based on whats out now would be foolish, considering that all 3 consoles have very small libraries. Keep in mind that Blue Dragon, Lost Odysse and Eternal Sonata arn't out yet, so if you want a console for RPG's right now the PS3 has just as many as the 360. Why would you want me to make a list of games that are coming out in the future, yet claim that it's all about whats out now? That doesn't make sense to me. What exactly do you mean by "next few month"? 2 months, 10 month, 4 month?

grandmaster192 said:
Legend11 said:

Buying a next-gen console based on whats out now would be foolish, considering that all 3 consoles have very small libraries. Keep in mind that Blue Dragon, Lost Odysse and Eternal Sonata arn't out yet, so if you want a console for RPG's right now the PS3 has just as many as the 360. Why would you want me to make a list of games that are coming out in the future, yet claim that it's all about whats out now? That doesn't make sense to me. What exactly do you mean by "next few month"? 2 months, 10 month, 4 month?

I really don't understand that mindset that some Playstation gamers seem to have.  I mean when I bought a 360 it was because it had games available that I wanted to play like Oblivion and Gears of War.  But many PS3 fans talk about games a year or two away and it always makes me wonder why they simply don't hold off buying a system and get some extra price cuts if they're waiting for games a year or two away.

It reminds me of a Playstation fan I used to work with.  He hated shooters and always put down the Xbox because of them.  Then when the PS3 came out guess which game he got for it...  Resistance because it was the only game he could find for it that was remotely interesting to him.  After he finished that he ended up playing FF12 and other PS2 games dispite the fact he could have easily played those the system he already had.

Around the Network
stof said:
Killzone3 said:

And WTF is wrong with shooters ?

Not everyone wants cutsy childish pixar type stuff.

I realize that as a mod I should conduct myself in the most mature and reserved manner but... well... it's just that... you see... You're an idiot.

So this asshole is one of them mods that warns you or bans people for personal attacks.

Quite hypocritic of the site.

Legend11 said:

I really don't understand that mindset that some Playstation gamers seem to have.  I mean when I bought a 360 it was because it had games available that I wanted to play like Oblivion and Gears of War.  But many PS3 fans talk about games a year or two away and it always makes me wonder why they simply don't hold off buying a system and get some extra price cuts if they're waiting for games a year or two away.

I don't know the exact amount of 360 games out right now, so lets say it has 250 games out. Can you honestly say that 250 games is enough to justify buying a console? No, so you look at the games that are going to be realeased in the future, then make your choice on based on what console is going to have the games that fit your taste. Lets say you're a fan of action-adventure games. Now, neither the Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii have that many out right now. All three are lacking in this genre right now. So you what do you do? You look at what console is going to be getting the best action-adventure games. You look and see that the PS3 has Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Devil May Cry 4, Heavenly Sword, and compare it to what the other consoles have in this genre. You then see that it's the best choice for fans of the genre and you deem the PS3 as the right console for you. This is why people look into the future to decide if theconsole is for them or not. Lets face it, you're not goion to turn into the PS2 over night. It takes time to build up a good library.

It reminds me of a Playstation fan I used to work with.  He hated shooters and always put down the Xbox because of them.  Then when the PS3 came out guess which game he got for it...  Resistance because it was the only game he could find for it that was remotely interesting to him.  After he finished that he ended up playing FF12 and other PS2 games dispite the fact he could have easily played those the system he already had.

Your friend is just... weird. He hates shooter, but the only game he has is Resistance? Thats a bit stupid, considering that the PS3 has quite a few good games that arn't shooters.

well I'm pretty sure there is going to be a ninja gaiden 2 on XB, DMC 4 is on it too (am i wrong ?), and alan wake is a survival horror but survival horrors are usually action adventure games.... alone in the dark is on both you can add that to your list.... and I wonder if we can put assassin's creed in it ???
but still buying now a console for games you want that are coming between 6 or 12 months later is stupid IMO.... why buy it now if you care about later and take advantage of a eventual future price cut (that's true for all consoles)....

Darc Requiem said:

Yeah I am tired of hearing the 360 only has shooters bunk as well. The funny thing is the vast majority of people that make that erroneous assertion are the very same ones that tout Killzone 2, Haze, and UT3 for PS3.

Edit: You make an excellent point Legend. In fact, I think plaftormers are the only real hole in the 360 line up. Outside of Kameo and the upcoming Banjo-Kazooie 3, I can't think of any platformers on 360.

Bingo thats why the PS2 was so freaking popular, it had such an variety of genres for consumers to pick through and the big whole on the Xbox 360 is platformers and serveral party games, their lacking in that department, But Microsoft has done an awesome jump of providing the Xbox 360 with RPG's its currently stepping up...

then depending on how you see it you can add the GTA like of both consoles too...
i'm not saying neither A/A line up is better I4m just putting some balance to your statement