By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360 all shooters????

they are all missing plateformers.... let see what we have right now.... Kameo, ray man and super paper mario ....... I just put down the "good" ones already out.... it's not a lot what ever the console is....

Around the Network

Why do I always get ignored?

The PS3 lineup is the most diverse of the 3 this year not including multiplatform games. Uncharted, Heavanly sword, Haze, Ratchet & clank,

The Wii has the big 3 this year and after that there is maybe 2 other games worth mentioning (fire emblem and zak & wiki) third party drops the ball again.

Say the 360 has only shooter is easy as the only games that 360 owner praise are shooters. this year alone look at the game that got any type of hype on the 360

lost planet, Shadowrun, Crackdown, and GRAW2

What other genres of games got hyped up as these did?

Forza 2 is prolly the only 1 and that didn't get as much press as it should of.

and coming up Bioshock while the dev want to catagorize it into something more then a shooter you have a gun for 95% of the game you are a shooter.
Halo 3 shooter to the core
Mass effect = RPG/Shooter/Strategy

grimygunz said:
The PS3 lineup is the most diverse of the 3 this year not including multiplatform games. Uncharted, Heavanly sword, Haze, Ratchet & clank,

The Wii has the big 3 this year and after that there is maybe 2 other games worth mentioning (fire emblem and zak & wiki) third party drops the ball again.

Say the 360 has only shooter is easy as the only games that 360 owner praise are shooters. this year alone look at the game that got any type of hype on the 360

lost planet, Shadowrun, Crackdown, and GRAW2

What other genres of games got hyped up as these did?

Forza 2 is prolly the only 1 and that didn't get as much press as it should of.

and coming up Bioshock while the dev want to catagorize it into something more then a shooter you have a gun for 95% of the game you are a shooter.
Halo 3 shooter to the core
Mass effect = RPG/Shooter/Strategy

Isn't Shadowrun a fighting game?  (Last I heard, they were violating one of the greatest RPGs ever by turning it into a fighter, or something to that effect.)

And Crackdown is more of a GTA clone than a true shooter, but I'll agree that with some games the concept is similiar (I would consider Bioshock an FPS, but would steer clear of putting Mass Effect under that umbrella.)

grimygunz said:

The PS3 has the most diverse lineup yet you can only think of four games, one being a first person shooter no less?  LOL.

Around the Network
Killzone3 said:
stof said:
Killzone3 said:

And WTF is wrong with shooters ?

Not everyone wants cutsy childish pixar type stuff.

I realize that as a mod I should conduct myself in the most mature and reserved manner but... well... it's just that... you see... You're an idiot.

So this asshole is one of them mods that warns you or bans people for personal attacks.

Quite hypocritic of the site.

PS3 Is God's Gift to Man ---- Now that I have your attention.. (cause we all know you never read a post unless it starts with "PS3 Ruxxors!!")  You're an idiot... no one said Shooters are bad.

As a matter of fact, I think it was PS3 fanboys who continually preach that the 360 only offers Shooters. So you can kind of see the irony of your first comment when we point that that the 360 isn't just for shooters anymore

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Legend11 said:
grimygunz said:

The PS3 has the most diverse lineup yet you can only think of four games, one being a first person shooter no less?  LOL.

Haze is a multiplatform...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Legend11 said:
grimygunz said:

The PS3 has the most diverse lineup yet you can only think of four games, one being a first person shooter no less? LOL.

Soo you want me to go thru the list that im sure you seen a million times ok

Uncharted, Heavanly sword, Ratctet & Clank, Warhwak, Lair, SingStar, Folklore, Eye of judgement, haze, UT3, Hot Shots Golf 5, NBA 08, and Time Crisis 4

Haze is exclusive this year as im talking about 2007

I also own a 360 so thier is no sweat off my back with your smirk remarks. I dont have to worry about missing any game that i want as im willing to pony up the money for the systems. I just dont like when people dont see the reason why EVERYONE not just sony lovers say that the xbox brand Is heavly dependant on Shooters. I bet out of the 17% shooters that thoes games sold atleast 40% of software on the 360. Gears being the leader for the group with what 4-5 million sold.

of the 20 million selling games on the 360 9 are shooter or shooter variants. 4 of the top 5 best selling games are unarguably shooters.

grimygunz said:
Legend11 said:
grimygunz said:

The PS3 has the most diverse lineup yet you can only think of four games, one being a first person shooter no less? LOL.

Soo you want me to go thru the list that im sure you seen a million times ok

Uncharted, Heavanly sword, Ratctet & Clank, Warhwak, Lair, SingStar, Folklore, Eye of judgement, haze, UT3, Hot Shots Golf 5, NBA 08, and Time Crisis 4

Haze is exclusive this year as im talking about 2007 

Ps3 has a decent diverse list, but for the last danm time, just give it up. 360 has a much better list of games coming out this year, while ps3 is looking more promising next year.

While that list does have a little diversity in it, i see just as much if not more in the 360, and those games have been recongnized and awarded all year.

Sorry but if you want to start a list war i dont care if you can find just as many titles, find as many titles that are as hyped about and praised as the ones 360 has coming out this year.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

cmon people let's get back on topic. this isnt about PS3 or Wii's library it's about the perception that Xbox360 is a shooter fan's console.

it's not completey true. look at a 360 game list and it's fairly varied and there are quite a few good games that arent shooters.

but why does the perception still remain? firstly look at the list of million selling 360 titles.

20 titles have sold more than a million. the list consists of

10 shooting action heavy titles
Gears of War (highest selling)
Call of Duty x2 (#2 is 2nd highest)
Ghost Recon x2 (AW1 is 3rd highest)
Rainbow Six
Perfect Dark
Lost Planet
Crackdown
Saints Row

1 what ever the hell this falls under
Dead Rising

1 stealth title
Splinter Cell

1 rpg
Oblivion

2 sport titles
Madden
Fight Night

4 racing titles
Need for Speed x2
Project Gotham
Forza

1 rythm title
Guitar Hero

looking at that can you expect anyone person who doesnt investigate the 360 list to think that 360 isnt a console for shooting fans? can you expect them to think anything else when all they are likely hear is 'Halo 3 will be the biggest game for 360 this year'?

until the good games in all the other genres get hyped at the retail level as much as Halo does, the 360 is going to be stuck with the current perception.

the other systems are getting similar kinds of perceptions for the exact same reasons. people only see what's selling well and pin the system as a console for that certain genre. it's never about what the system has. it's about what is selling.