By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BruceOnGames:"The Wii bubble could very well burst" (in the recession)+more

Around the Network
dawve24 said:
Does bruce ever stop?

slightly (massively) off topic if you want a Christmas theme transformers avatar why don't you give this one a spin

on topic, hasn't this guy been predicting the "wii bubble" has been about to burst for the past 2 years

and the third party publisher thing is really absurd, with so many companies posting losses and hard times they'll have to choice but to turn towards the wii for the lower development costs and larger installed base

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMeisterJ said:
Oh Bruce.

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce.

He's like the anit-Malstrom.

I'd love to see them in a conversation.

This would be awesome.  I think Bruce's head would explode if he read Malstom's website.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

somehow i believe him yo

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Bodhesatva said:

Yeah, Bruce has been one of the most consistent critics of the Wii since its launch. He's unflappable.

I particularly love his explanation of why the Wii can't continue selling like it is: he says that it's selling so much that it can't possibly keep it up. "It just cannot go on," he says. Excellent analysis there, buddy. I hope I end up being an analyst like you.

Q: How will the Wii do in the future?
A: Its sales will slow way down.
Q: Why is that?
A: Because it's selling so well right now. It can't keep that up.
Q: That doesn't answer my question. Why is going to stop selling so well? Why can't it "keep it up?"
A: It just cannot.
Q: That still doesn't answer my question. Why can it not continue to sell well?
A: I already told. What are, an idiot? Are you stupid or something? It cannot continue to sell well. It just can't.

Well he is right. The Wii cannot sustain this level of demand forever. 10 years down the line it is unlikely to sell anywhere near what it is selling today. This is true of every luxury item though. The 360 and PS3 cannot possibly continue selling as well as they are so it seems ridiculous to try and claim the Wii will be affected the most by this though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Sky Render said:
I think I can summarize pretty much everything he said, actually. "I want things to happen this way so they will! As long as you ignore all the facts and just focus on my interpretation of reality based on what I want, you'll see that I'm totally right!"

I think Stephen Colbert calls that "Wikiality".

I just can't stop thinking Bruce is a giant hoax and he's really just a couple of guys taking turns making joke posts. Maybe because I want to beleive people aren't that thickheaded. =P

theRepublic said:
DMeisterJ said:
Oh Bruce.

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce.

This would be awesome. I think Bruce's head would explode if he read Malstom's website.

In Bruce's defense, I think my head would explode if I read Malstrom's website.

badgenome said:
theRepublic said:
DMeisterJ said:
Oh Bruce.

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce.

This would be awesome. I think Bruce's head would explode if he read Malstom's website.

In Bruce's defense, I think my head would explode if I read Malstrom's website.

Agreed, consequently, Malstrom's head would explode if he read Bruce's website.  Or he'd write a 20 page paper on why he is wrong.

I propose an experiment: let's get the five most sarcastic, snarky, and satire-savvy individuals on this site to write a bi-weekly piece on "why the Wii is doomed", with rotating participation by each writer, and see how many people think it's serious after 2 months. Naturally, the participants would have to never let on to anybody that they were the authors, and we wouldn't publically declare where the articles were posted so that nobody could be certain just which "anti-Wii" site was the experiment.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Bruce on Juice (heroin), more like. Good job at assbagery as usual, Bruce.
Didn't he rejoin the forums under a new name?
We should welcome him and sick madskillz and claude on his ass!