By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console do you think will sell the most units by the end of this gen?

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

In terms of machines, I see something ala this.

1. DS - 170-190M

2. Wii - 140-160M

(Ps2 - ~ 140M)

3. PsP - 75-95M

(GBA - ~ 79M)

4. Ps3 - 50-60M

4. X360 - 50-60M

(SNES - 49M)

You're underballing the Wii and overballing the 360 and PS3, 360 and PS3 will only have pop growth over the GCN/Xbox

I might be overballing the Ps3. I really think it could end anywhere from 40-65M, but I can't write that, as it is too far a range. I'm fairly certain the 360 should reach 45-55M (and that might be a better assumption, come to think of it).

So, you may be right.

1. DS - 170-190M

2. Wii - 140-160M

(Ps2 - ~ 140M)

3. PsP - 75-95M

(GBA - ~ 79M)

4. Ps3 - 45-55M

4. X360 - 45-55M

(SNES - 49M)

But please, let's not have the same discussion in two threads at once.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Just when I was sure nobody thought the PS3 still had a chance at first place...

Congratulations on amazing me, Gearbox.

OP, i dont think PS3 has any chance of outselling the Wii, pricecut wont help because even if it has an impact, the PS3 is not as popular as the Wii plus Wii also can have a pricecut, plus bundles and colours.  Nintendo has won enough said.

Killzone? And then someone tries to tell me that PS3 fanboys are not trying to overhype this game, killzone will be nothing like halo, mario etc. etc. it's not a massive system seller just like LBP and R2 are not. Only game that really can move consoles worldwide too have a big impact on PS3 is GT 5.

Impulsivity said:
As to the 360, I know the fanboys are crowing now, but the 199 price cut only seemed to temporarily stop the bleeding. If you look at the numbers the 360 is selling almost exactly as it did in 07. If you look at sep-nov (after the price cut) the 360 is actually selling slightly worse this year then it did last year (100k less sep-nov thus far). I know some will say "but Sep was halo last year!" true, but this year there was Gears and Fable 2, so kind of a wash you would think right?

Gotta love fanboys.

Hundredthousands of people waited for the new Halo game on the new Microsoft console, maybe the most hyped game of all time (well GTA IV is a close 2nd) => They bought the console last year.

PS3 fanboys always saying "ooooh everybody who want to play Gears 2 already own a 360 because of Gears 1 and the other hardcore games"

But now you're saying "last year was halo...so what ? This year is Gears 2 and Fable 2, so they should sell even more software and not less"

By the way: Mass Effect was released last year as well.

Wii for sure
Hmm... actau numbers are a wild guess, but

Wii= 100-140 Million
Xbox 360= 40-55 Million
PS3= 25-45 Milliom

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Impulsivity said:
As to the 360, I know the fanboys are crowing now, but the 199 price cut only seemed to temporarily stop the bleeding. If you look at the numbers the 360 is selling almost exactly as it did in 07. If you look at sep-nov (after the price cut) the 360 is actually selling slightly worse this year then it did last year (100k less sep-nov thus far). I know some will say "but Sep was halo last year!" true, but this year there was Gears and Fable 2, so kind of a wash you would think right?

Gotta love fanboys.

Hundredthousands of people waited for the new Halo game on the new Microsoft console, maybe the most hyped game of all time (well GTA IV is a close 2nd) => They bought the console last year.

PS3 fanboys always saying "ooooh everybody who want to play Gears 2 already own a 360 because of Gears 1 and the other hardcore games"

But now you're saying "last year was halo...so what ? This year is Gears 2 and Fable 2, so they should sell even more software and not less"

As did Bioshock, which was console-exclusive at the time.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Barozi said:

Impulsivity said:

(Some stuff I might have accidentally read if I hadn't deleted it.)

Gotta love fanboys.

No sense arguing with such a person. I don't even bother to read Impulsivity's posts after he made a big deal about how he was "GOIN SONY EXCLUSIVE THIS GEN FELLAS... AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!!!11" only to pretend to still have a 360 in order to bag on NXE.

Wii - 1st
360 - 2nd
PS3 - 3rd

3rd Party Software - 360
1st Party Software - Wii

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Current trends indicate that the Wii will outsell the other two consoles by a considerable margin.

u guys are all crazy lol. the ps3 has what sony has said "10 years LEFT" that gives it plenty of time to make a come back :)