By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console do you think will sell the most units by the end of this gen?

I refuse to believe this is not a joke thread! I even checked the date of the original post because I suspected this was a thread resurected from 2006. Sadly, it isn't.

@Gearbox: Congratulations plenty of people took the bait, now it's time to come clean and convince me you are not completely devoid of reason.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Staude said:
thekitchensink said:
Oh, god... no. There's too much fail here. When will these threads end?

The Wii has more than doubled the PS3's sales in ~the same time frame.

"But the PS3's a lot more expensive!" Yeah, the PS2 was more expensive than the Gamecube, too.

The fact is, the Wii has had these massive sales DESPITE (now-partially-sated) supply issues, zero price drops, 'no games' this year (as the fanboys like to point out), only one SKU, no bundles aside from Wii Sports, no hardware revisions, no new colours, and 'no good third-party games'.

Seriously, the Wii is the PS2 of this generation with regard to sales, and it's ridiculous to even contemplate anything else happening. Even if there was a chance of sales dropping next year (they will increase), have you seen the release list? It looks amazing! And even then, if that does nothing, just imagine what a $50 price drop will do, never mind when it drops down to $149.

Will the PS3 come in second? Debatable. First? Take a look at the sales charts on this sales web site.

I got it with super smash bros and wii sports.. for the normal price of the console.. sounds like a bundle to me :p

You're quite aware of what I meant.  No other manufacturer-sanctioned bundle.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
TruckOSaurus said:
I refuse to believe this is not a joke thread! I even checked the date of the original post because I suspected this was a thread resurected from 2006. Sadly, it isn't.

@Gearbox: Congratulations plenty of people took the bait, now it's time to come clean and convince me you are not completely devoid of reason.

Kind of fun too though, don´t you think?. I mean I got a little bored that everybody just talked about who would "win" between PS3 and 360. All took for granted (rightly so) that Wii was so far ahead that they didn´t bother talking about it. This is kind of entertaining, we all know Wii won, right?

Hawkeye said:
Wii for sure
Hmm... actau numbers are a wild guess, but

Wii= 100-140 Million
Xbox 360= 40-55 Million
PS3= 25-45 Milliom

lol

Chrizum said:
Gearbox said:
the 360 doesnt have a chance for second imo. i think the wii will be around 75 mil at best, ps3 prolly at 80

I agree, though I don't think the Wii will manage to sell that much. I mean, what store will be willing to sell a console with no DVD player and with the graphics capabilities of an N64?

I think the Wii will stop selling in about 3 months, so probably around 35 million (yes, VGCharts heavily overtracked the Wii).

PS3 probably already is past 30 million by now, considering Blu Ray and everything. In my class everyone has a PS3, no one has a Wii or 360.

The 360 only sold so much because of RROD, but now it's fixed the 360 won't sell anymore. Everyone who wants one already has it (just compare Too Human sales with Halo, see?).

End of generation predictions:

1. PS3: 250 million
2. 360: 36 million
3. Wii: 35 million

nice nice...