By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console do you think will sell the most units by the end of this gen?

1337 Gamer said:
wii wins nuff said

Well sure, I guess I could have said that, but around here, not only do you need an explanation of the most obvious things, but you also have to spell it out and lay it on thick, for some people to actually get it.

Around the Network

chrizum is teh sarcasm, omega

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

A few stupid assumptions in this thread!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

gearbox started flamebaits!!!

lol...dude..you're such an idiot..so WHAT if the PS3 sells for 10 years?...I doubt it will

I'm sure the Wii will, unless someone disrupts them and they need to counter attack

blazinhead89 said:
PS2 :P

This should have ended the thread a while back actually. Anyone read the thread title then looked at this???

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

End of Gen predictions:

PS3: 200 bajillion
Wii: 10k
360: 2k

(people will melt down the other consoles to form a PS3. The conversion is 900k Wii = 1 PS3. and 600k Xbox = 1 PS3.)

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Wii by a huge margin over XBox 360 and PS3 combined. XBox 360 to out sell PS3 by around 5 million units when the console generation ends. I have a strange feeling the PS3 could stop selling before XBox 360. Last placed console tends to drop off as has happened in previous generations.

PS3 could finish second place but it will need to cut price of its consoles very soon, bring out more exclusive games that sell. But Sony risks making huge losses on PS3 by cutting prices drastically to boost sales. MS can  use price as a weapon to counter PS3 price cuts due to XBox 360 having been on the market much longer and costing a lot less than PS3 to manufacturer.

Second place for Sony could result in financial disaster in its gaming division sector. PS3 is making huge losses for Sony in gaming division. Sony does not have as deep pocket as Nintendo and Microsoft to be able to afford losses.

Garnett said:
coolestguyever said:
PS3 will I still think.

Sony has a 10 year plan and PS3 will sell until that 10 years is up just like PS2 is on pace to do.

Once the Wii 2 is out in 3 or 4 years the original Wii won't sell anymore.

True how ever 360 will be out 1 day longer than the PS3 and it can only get cheaper,even if the PS3 was 200$ the 360 arcade can go to 100 or even 80$,MS has always been on step ahead.

That's a good point as well. I think once the PS3 is say $200 its cheap enough that you'll spend the extra $100 over the cost of a 360 if you like the PS3 exclusive games enough. Right now even if you really love PS3 exclusives like MGS4 you still buy a 360 because its 200 dollars cheaper for the arcade.

coolestguyever said:
Garnett said:
coolestguyever said:
PS3 will I still think.

Sony has a 10 year plan and PS3 will sell until that 10 years is up just like PS2 is on pace to do.

Once the Wii 2 is out in 3 or 4 years the original Wii won't sell anymore.

True how ever 360 will be out 1 day longer than the PS3 and it can only get cheaper,even if the PS3 was 200$ the 360 arcade can go to 100 or even 80$,MS has always been on step ahead.

That's a good point as well. I think once the PS3 is say $200 its cheap enough that you'll spend the extra $100 over the cost of a 360 if you like the PS3 exclusive games enough. Right now even if you really love PS3 exclusives like MGS4 you still buy a 360 because its 200 dollars cheaper for the arcade.

I doubt Wii would stop selling once Wii2 is out... look at PS2... also, even if Wii stops selling after 5 years, PS3 will not be able to catch even with a 10 year plan...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

i think the wii has run away with it now but sony will come in 2nd. i know alot of people here wont agree with that just because of the way things are going now but watch how things change, also the fact that 360 has only sold how much it has just over 3 years being as cheap as it is has something to do with it aswell.