By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console do you think will sell the most units by the end of this gen?

Is there a real reason Gearbox hasn't been permabanned yet other then hilarity of his awful posts and delusional ideas of PS3 dominating the market... It was funny when he first started now it's kinda old =\

OT:
Wii has won this gen, get the party hats and punch!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

HAHA

I feel like buying a PS3 just so Gearbox doesnt neck himself when reality kicks in...

Nintendo = Innovation = Wii

coolestguyever said:
saicho said:
coolestguyever said:
Garnett said:
coolestguyever said:
PS3 will I still think.

Sony has a 10 year plan and PS3 will sell until that 10 years is up just like PS2 is on pace to do.

Once the Wii 2 is out in 3 or 4 years the original Wii won't sell anymore.

True how ever 360 will be out 1 day longer than the PS3 and it can only get cheaper,even if the PS3 was 200$ the 360 arcade can go to 100 or even 80$,MS has always been on step ahead.

That's a good point as well. I think once the PS3 is say $200 its cheap enough that you'll spend the extra $100 over the cost of a 360 if you like the PS3 exclusive games enough. Right now even if you really love PS3 exclusives like MGS4 you still buy a 360 because its 200 dollars cheaper for the arcade.

I doubt Wii would stop selling once Wii2 is out... look at PS2... also, even if Wii stops selling after 5 years, PS3 will not be able to catch even with a 10 year plan...

Well if Wii does stop selling and PS3 doesn't after 5 years, thats 5 years of no sales for wii and good sales for PS3. Look at the PS2 it sells almost 100,000 on a weekly basis (non holiday).

Let's say Wii will be at 100 million units by the end of 5 years... I don't think PS3 coud sell 100 million units in 10 years...

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Wii: 1 BILLION
360: 40 - 45 Mil
PS3: 8 BILLION

wii- 1st-
ps3-2nd
360-3rd

after all is said and done i think it will look like that but there is around 5 years left i think so there is a long long way to go

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
People keep saying there is 5 years of this gen left... no chance. Ninty and Microsoft will release new consoles before 2013. Late 2011, I reckon.

Prior trends seem to indicate that Nintendo will ride this wave for as long as they can. They've already declared that they have every intent to make this generation last longer than the last few.

thekitchensink said:
Oh, god... no. There's too much fail here. When will these threads end?

The Wii has more than doubled the PS3's sales in ~the same time frame.

"But the PS3's a lot more expensive!" Yeah, the PS2 was more expensive than the Gamecube, too.

The fact is, the Wii has had these massive sales DESPITE (now-partially-sated) supply issues, zero price drops, 'no games' this year (as the fanboys like to point out), only one SKU, no bundles aside from Wii Sports, no hardware revisions, no new colours, and 'no good third-party games'.

Seriously, the Wii is the PS2 of this generation with regard to sales, and it's ridiculous to even contemplate anything else happening. Even if there was a chance of sales dropping next year (they will increase), have you seen the release list? It looks amazing! And even then, if that does nothing, just imagine what a $50 price drop will do, never mind when it drops down to $149.

Will the PS3 come in second? Debatable. First? Take a look at the sales charts on this sales web site.

I got it with super smash bros and wii sports.. for the normal price of the console.. sounds like a bundle to me :p

Check out my game about moles ^

kowenicki said:
Khuutra said:
kowenicki said:
People keep saying there is 5 years of this gen left... no chance. Ninty and Microsoft will release new consoles before 2013. Late 2011, I reckon.

Prior trends seem to indicate that Nintendo will ride this wave for as long as they can. They've already declared that they have every intent to make this generation last longer than the last few.

but the gamecube only lasted just short of 6 years didnt it?

I thought it was closer to five, but if you're right that only helps to illustrate my point. Nintendo intends to go for longer.

I think that Nintendo has so much momentum going with Wii that they´re surely not going to release a followup before 2012. They are going to be able to sell so many consoles with Wii that there wont be any need for "Wii 2" for a long time. And also historically the winner of each generation have been aroung a bit longer haven´t they?

wii duh if wii production is 2.4 million per month how will they sell more then that?????