By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console do you think will sell the most units by the end of this gen?

I think the ps3 still has a chance.. all depends on the price drop and killzone i guess?

Around the Network

Ummmmm......No. Seriously, The wii is gonna take the crown. It's done. Now is only a matter of by how much

PS3 still has a chance of passing the 360 worldwide and get a 2nd place.

And that's OK.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

the 360 doesnt have a chance for second imo. i think the wii will be around 75 mil at best, ps3 prolly at 80

Really? Do you see how much the wii has been selling? and the PS3?

Do you really think that PS3 will suddenly skyrocket and the Wii will die off?

It is not going to happen, the Wii (even though it's not a console I want) is the new cultural choice. People from core gamers to people who never picked up a controller in their lifes want it.

Specially the 2nd group is reason alone to know that the Wii will win. The PS3 will never cater to that audience.

Like I said, beating 360, maybe. Wii, no way. Even though, I would like to, it's not gonna happen.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Wii

Around the Network

I think your an idiot. Clearly a PS3 fanboy. I highly doubt the PS3 will reach 80 million, and I'm thinking the wii has a shot at 100 million. I honestly dont think the PS3 has much of a chance at even second place.

One thing is for sure though is that wii has first place locked down. However I still think 360 has the edge over PS3, and I would be really surprised if PS3 came back.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

CONMAN15 said:
I think your an idiot. Clearly a PS3 fanboy. I highly doubt the PS3 will reach 80 million, and I'm thinking the wii has a shot at 100 million. I honestly dont think the PS3 has much of a chance at even second place.

One thing is for sure though is that wii has first place locked down. However I still think 360 has the edge over PS3, and I would be really surprised if PS3 came back.

Edit that out, before a mode sees it. No personal insults.

Forum rules: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

www.jamesvandermemes.com

CONMAN15 said:

No need for that.

On topic, it's easily going to be the Wii with a pretty hard fought battle for second between the 360 and PS3.  Personally I think the 360 will get it but it really is a toss up.

Gearbox has clearly lost all sense of reality, Wii is easily going to win, PS3 has yet to even get to 20 million, even reaching 40 million in total sales will be a stretch

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Oh, god... no. There's too much fail here. When will these threads end?

The Wii has more than doubled the PS3's sales in ~the same time frame.

"But the PS3's a lot more expensive!" Yeah, the PS2 was more expensive than the Gamecube, too.

The fact is, the Wii has had these massive sales DESPITE (now-partially-sated) supply issues, zero price drops, 'no games' this year (as the fanboys like to point out), only one SKU, no bundles aside from Wii Sports, no hardware revisions, no new colours, and 'no good third-party games'.

Seriously, the Wii is the PS2 of this generation with regard to sales, and it's ridiculous to even contemplate anything else happening. Even if there was a chance of sales dropping next year (they will increase), have you seen the release list? It looks amazing! And even then, if that does nothing, just imagine what a $50 price drop will do, never mind when it drops down to $149.

Will the PS3 come in second? Debatable. First? Take a look at the sales charts on this sales web site.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."