By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console do you think will sell the most units by the end of this gen?

Khuutra said:
Current trends indicate that the Wii will outsell the other two consoles by a considerable margin.

Combined.

Around the Network
Gearbox said:
u guys are all crazy lol. the ps3 has what sony has said "10 years LEFT" that gives it plenty of time to make a come back :)

What if the consumers decide it doesn't?

:-p those ten years won't last. wii without a doubt.. ps3 might not even catch the xbox360

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The PS3 has as long as people buy it.... if it sells

Impulsivity said:

As to the 360, I know the fanboys are crowing now, but the 199 price cut only seemed to temporarily stop the bleeding. If you look at the numbers the 360 is selling almost exactly as it did in 07. If you look at sep-nov (after the price cut) the 360 is actually selling slightly worse this year then it did last year (100k less sep-nov thus far). I know some will say "but Sep was halo last year!" true, but this year there was Gears and Fable 2, so kind of a wash you would think right?

Factchecking/Cherrypicking FTW!

It passed 2007's yearly total back in mid-November, so it's clearly still on an upward trend.  Holiday performance is also strong.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=48088

Around the Network

In other news, John McCain might still win the election!!

(not gonna happen)

Wii will win, PS3 cannot overtake it. Sorry.

Gearbox said:
u guys are all crazy lol. the ps3 has what sony has said "10 years LEFT" that gives it plenty of time to make a come back :)

You gotta stop smokin' the stuff in that pipe of yers.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Gearbox said:
the 360 doesnt have a chance for second imo. i think the wii will be around 75 mil at best, ps3 prolly at 80

I agree, though I don't think the Wii will manage to sell that much. I mean, what store will be willing to sell a console with no DVD player and with the graphics capabilities of an N64?

I think the Wii will stop selling in about 3 months, so probably around 35 million (yes, VGCharts heavily overtracked the Wii).

PS3 probably already is past 30 million by now, considering Blu Ray and everything. In my class everyone has a PS3, no one has a Wii or 360.

The 360 only sold so much because of RROD, but now it's fixed the 360 won't sell anymore. Everyone who wants one already has it (just compare Too Human sales with Halo, see?).

End of generation predictions:

1. PS3: 250 million
2. 360: 36 million
3. Wii: 35 million

The PS3 will dominate all other consoles when ___________________ comes out.

haha jk The Wii will sell around 90-100 million by the end of this generation.

Chrizum said:
Gearbox said:
the 360 doesnt have a chance for second imo. i think the wii will be around 75 mil at best, ps3 prolly at 80

I agree, though I don't think the Wii will manage to sell that much. I mean, what store will be willing to sell a console with no DVD player and with the graphics capabilities of an N64?

I think the Wii will stop selling in about 3 months, so probably around 35 million (yes, VGCharts heavily overtracked the Wii).

PS3 probably already is past 30 million by now, considering Blu Ray and everything. In my class everyone has a PS3, no one has a Wii or 360.

The 360 only sold so much because of RROD, but now it's fixed the 360 won't sell anymore. Everyone who wants one already has it (just compare Too Human sales with Halo, see?).

End of generation predictions:

1. PS3: 250 million
2. 360: 36 million
3. Wii: 35 million

You are such a hater. There are roughly 6 billion people on earth, and at least some of them will have 3 PS3s like that guy on YouTube. 9 billion PS3s, minimum.