By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What console do you think will sell the most units by the end of this gen?

numonex said:

Wii by a huge margin over XBox 360 and PS3 combined. XBox 360 to out sell PS3 by around 5 million units when the console generation ends. I have a strange feeling the PS3 could stop selling before XBox 360. Last placed console tends to drop off as has happened in previous generations.

PS3 could finish second place but it will need to cut price of its consoles very soon, bring out more exclusive games that sell. But Sony risks making huge losses on PS3 by cutting prices drastically to boost sales. MS can  use price as a weapon to counter PS3 price cuts due to XBox 360 having been on the market much longer and costing a lot less than PS3 to manufacturer.

Second place for Sony could result in financial disaster in its gaming division sector. PS3 is making huge losses for Sony in gaming division. Sony does not have as deep pocket as Nintendo and Microsoft to be able to afford losses.

playstation has just too big a fanbase, so ps3 will not stop selling until sony stops it. people will just keep buying it like with ps2 even after 9 years and only sony know how to pull that off and people shouldnt question it either because they have already proved it and done it twice. just look at ps3, people are willing to pay $399 and £300 for the damn thing! so there must be heavy demand there.

Around the Network

People need to learn that we are no longer in the PS2 glory days. PS3 is struggling for survival. Wii is winning this console generation by a huge margin over PS3 and XBox 360.

GTAIV08 said:
numonex said:

Wii by a huge margin over XBox 360 and PS3 combined. XBox 360 to out sell PS3 by around 5 million units when the console generation ends. I have a strange feeling the PS3 could stop selling before XBox 360. Last placed console tends to drop off as has happened in previous generations.

PS3 could finish second place but it will need to cut price of its consoles very soon, bring out more exclusive games that sell. But Sony risks making huge losses on PS3 by cutting prices drastically to boost sales. MS can  use price as a weapon to counter PS3 price cuts due to XBox 360 having been on the market much longer and costing a lot less than PS3 to manufacturer.

Second place for Sony could result in financial disaster in its gaming division sector. PS3 is making huge losses for Sony in gaming division. Sony does not have as deep pocket as Nintendo and Microsoft to be able to afford losses.

playstation has just too big a fanbase, so ps3 will not stop selling until sony stops it. people will just keep buying it like with ps2 even after 9 years and only sony know how to pull that off and people shouldnt question it either because they have already proved it and done it twice. just look at ps3, people are willing to pay $399 and £300 for the damn thing! so there must be heavy demand there.

That's the same argument people have been making since the beginning. Because the PS2 was popular the PS3 will be. It doesnt' work. It didn't work for Atari when the NES took off and it didn't work Nintendo when the PS1 took off.  If this were 2006, I could understand that type of thought process but its almost 2009. The Wii and PS3 were launched in the same time frame and the PS3 has been obliterated. The PS3 has fallen farther behind 360 than it was at launch with a no price cut in sight. The PS3 has an outside shot of catching the 360 but it has no shot of catching the Wii.

lol @ topic

That is all

kirby007 said:
:-p those ten years won't last. wii without a doubt.. ps3 might not even catch the xbox360

I was gonna say this exact same thing. :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

When i clicked on this thread, i immediately checked the date of the first post. 12/15/08

Maybe if this thread was created two years ago it would be a valid thread. Now it's just plain stupid. That people are still so ignorant, it's unbelievable. I'm sure gearbox isn't good in math, economics and logical thinking.

Think for yourself, question authority

Consumer psychology, OP, consumer psychology. Once the GCN become second to even the Xbox, I knew that blockbusters like RE4 and ToS are not going to save the console.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

saicho said:
coolestguyever said:
Garnett said:
coolestguyever said:
PS3 will I still think.

Sony has a 10 year plan and PS3 will sell until that 10 years is up just like PS2 is on pace to do.

Once the Wii 2 is out in 3 or 4 years the original Wii won't sell anymore.

True how ever 360 will be out 1 day longer than the PS3 and it can only get cheaper,even if the PS3 was 200$ the 360 arcade can go to 100 or even 80$,MS has always been on step ahead.

That's a good point as well. I think once the PS3 is say $200 its cheap enough that you'll spend the extra $100 over the cost of a 360 if you like the PS3 exclusive games enough. Right now even if you really love PS3 exclusives like MGS4 you still buy a 360 because its 200 dollars cheaper for the arcade.

I doubt Wii would stop selling once Wii2 is out... look at PS2... also, even if Wii stops selling after 5 years, PS3 will not be able to catch even with a 10 year plan...

Well if Wii does stop selling and PS3 doesn't after 5 years, thats 5 years of no sales for wii and good sales for PS3. Look at the PS2 it sells almost 100,000 on a weekly basis (non holiday).

are you high? The wii is the iPod of consoles, no one will catch nintendo. I'd be happy if ps3 gets second place though.

I can't get over the dude who seems to think the wii will only sell 35 million, when they're at 40 million already. Is that a joke???

Wii is going to sell 150-200 milliion systems, which is what I said before the console launched.

I think the 360 may have a chance at 50 million, and PS3 about the same.

But any moron who thinks the Wii isn't going to hit around 150 million, is hanging onto their delusions that the Wii is still a fad. Time to wake up and smell the silicon, kids! It's crushing the PS2's sales, and will continue to.

The end.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!