By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R* goes sony exclusive

Simply doesn't make any sense.

R* have already publically come out, and stated that they will have increased Wii support from now on. In fact, just about everything of theirs is now coming to the Wii.

They need to do this because they are LOSING A LOT OF MONEY. The last thing you do when you are losing lots of money, is drop support for platforms - and move to a single platform.

It just won't happen.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
Saiyar said:
Sqrl said:
Its a very very passing comment and they say in the podcast it was an announcement from rockstar.

Looking back at recent rockstar stories there was an announcement of a single new IP that would be coming exclusively to the PS3 but thats it. In the podcast one of the guys speculates by saying something to the effect of "So it sounds like it must be all new games not in development yet since we already know GTA IV is going to both..".

Right now I am thinking someone read the announcement wrong, and then they added a twist to it while trying to make sense of it.

It is around 51.00. The transcript is

Woman: R* is going to be PS3 exclusive from now on so I know you guys were looking for those exclusive games so you might just get them.

Guy1: nice, do they mention any titles in their anouncemnet?

Woman: Not any specific titles, they mention GTA but they didn't mention the current one, cause we all know GTA IV is going to both.

While I would rather have more sources this podcats is pretty conclusive in what it says.

Full EXACT transcript:

Woman: "Well to change the pace a bit, I've got some Sony news.  Apparently Rockstar  is going to be P-S-3 exclusive from now on.  So I remember that you guys were looking for those exclusive games so you might just get'em."
Guy 1: "
Nice, did they uhh..mention any ...uhh... any titles in their announcment? "
Woman: "
Uhm, not any specific titles, they mentioned GTA but they ...didn't mention ..the current one, cause uh we all know GTA IV is going to both, but I guess maybe future titles that are..that are in the works are gonna be just PS3."
Guy 1:
"Ooh, that could be interesting.."
Guy 2:
<laughs> "Lets just hope its not Rockstar presents Waterpolo"
Guy 1:
<laughs>
Woman:
<high pitched> "Noooooooooo!"
All:
<laugh>
Although that could be an angry game and that should be...going to the Xbox 360."
Guy 2/Woman:
<laugh>
I'm gonna write a letter..."
Guy2/Woman:
<laugh> 

then they go on to rockband..... 

Note what the "Guy 2" says though. And notice they said there was an announcement.

Now look at these recent rockstar announcments.... 

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175813.html
http://kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/rockstar-developing-exclusive-franchise-for-the-ps3-283534.php

It is pretty clear to me they are talking about R*'s new franchise not ALL rockstar games from now on.  To get that kind of support from a 3rd part company you have to buy them.  No company is going to latch itself onto any company like you are suggesting. They would be taking all the risk with all the big benefit going to sony and would effectively be limiting themselves indefinitely. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

What a load of crap, it's pure suicide, they will go down in history to join Rare.

sounds like the lady in the podcast got her facts mixed up. end of story.

the Wii is an epidemic.

jhlennon1 said:
mrstickball said:
If Sony gets R* then MS gets Square-Enix.

I am certain that Sony would be more interested in Square Enix then they would be in R*.

I really can't see this being true, I am sure R* have 1 Sony Exclusive coming up but that will be about it. As for SE and MS... LOL.

Maybe if SE stopped being retarded and started realizing that 360 owners want their RPG's too.

I can assure you that the 360 will not be getting a top class SE RPG exclusive until it's Japanese user base grows. Until that happens, their best Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games will never appear on a Microsoft system. We will see how Last Remnant sells and then I am sure SE will consider it, until then, forget it because it is not happening. The 360 may also get Star Ocean but even that is doubtful majority of that series sales are from Japan, rendering putting the game on the 360 pointless.

That's the sad part.  Microsoft needs a top class RPG to get the Japanese Userbase.  If I were then I'd thorw loads of money at SE for an exlcusive RPG.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:

It's more likely that Sony would own SE since they own like 9% of the company since the Merger. 

I am getting tired of all the lies and/or exaggerations coming out of the "blogosphere".

Too many websites making up news to get traffic today. This will be my last post on any of these topics, because I am not going to support bad journalism and draw any more attention to it. See you in the Tea v. Coffee thread.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Kasz216 said:
jhlennon1 said:
mrstickball said:

I am certain that Sony would be more interested in Square Enix then they would be in R*.

I really can't see this being true, I am sure R* have 1 Sony Exclusive coming up but that will be about it. As for SE and MS... LOL.

Maybe if SE stopped being retarded and started realizing that 360 owners want their RPG's too.

I can assure you that the 360 will not be getting a top class SE RPG exclusive until it's Japanese user base grows. Until that happens, their best Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games will never appear on a Microsoft system. We will see how Last Remnant sells and then I am sure SE will consider it, until then, forget it because it is not happening. The 360 may also get Star Ocean but even that is doubtful majority of that series sales are from Japan, rendering putting the game on the 360 pointless.

That's the sad part.  Microsoft needs a top class RPG to get the Japanese Userbase.  If I were then I'd thorw loads of money at SE for an exlcusive RPG.

The thing is, even if MS threw millions of dollars at Square Enix and secured Dragon Quest X for example, how many do you think are going to buy a Xbox 360 for just 1 game? Not many. The game would sell a few consoles, but no where near enough to justifying the millions it would require to make it happen. They need more then one title that appeal to Japan, Blue Dragon was a good start but MS needs to keep it up and eventually Japan will change their current negative view regarding the 360.

That is my take on it anyway. The same stands for the Sony and the PS3 right now. Just Final Fantasy XIII is not enough, that is why Sony are releasing more titles that appeal to Japan as well and together they can make a difference.

Why wouldn't they do this? It would make alot of sense and there is a possibility that she was talking about "Timed" exclusives. So that way they can work on the most powerful consoles version first and then go and work on porting it out to xbox or the wii. Obviously with the problems they are having now cross programming GTA4 on both systems has pushed back the release of GTA4 where if they had focused on just one system they would still have their game out for this fiscal year. Had MS not pushed all that money at them to have a simultaneous release with the PS3 they would have pushed out the PS3 version first.

Would this make sense? To me, yes. Then they would worry more about making the game as perfect as possible without having to cut things out just to make multi-platform releases at the same time. And this would be a huge boon to Sony if it is true. This could be something that would help push sales of the PS3 and they and many others feel that the PS3 will pass the 360 within a year or so and would make more sense to have exclusives to the PS3.

And to think that SE would go MS exclusive is just silly. Even though it would improve numbers in Japan, it wouldn't push sales that much to make up the lost profits they would have by making PS3 games.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Rockstar are smart, they know where the future is PS3!