By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R* goes sony exclusive

FilaBrasileiro said:
mrstickball said:
If Sony gets R* then MS gets Square-Enix.

It's more likely that Sony would own SE since they own like 9% of the company since the Merger. 

Sony owns 10% of square enix?

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
mrstickball said:
If Sony gets R* then MS gets Square-Enix.

It's more likely that Sony would own SE since they own like 9% of the company since the Merger.

Sony owns 10% of square enix?

More like 8.5 - 9%, used to be 18-20% of Square before the two companies Merged.

Edit: Google FTW, found it, it's 8.59%

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/ir/e/stock/stockholder/

Doesn't seem to be that big of a lost to me. I don't like their games. Mindless killing of hookers so my sex would be free sorta gets old...

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

I seriously doubt the authenticity of this report BUT.. if it is true, this could have something to do with Manhunt 2.

In the past, Nintendo has disallowed M rated games on their systems... they wouldn't even let the original Mortal Kombat be released on SNES unless they got rid of the blood. It is very possible that Nintendo told Rockstar they wouldn't allow Manhunt 2 on the Wii under any circumstances.. I'm sure that would hurt their business relationship quite a bit.

Perhaps Sony allowed  Rockstar to release Manhunt 2 (in its current state) on their systems as part of a trade off. It makes sense, because Rockstar is not currently in the position to lose a ton of money (which they will if Manhunt 2 is not allowed to be released.)

The odds of this being true are a billion to one.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
homelesscarl said:
Doesn't seem to be that big of a lost to me. I don't like their games. Mindless killing of hookers so my sex would be free sorta gets old...
You might not like their games but saying it's not a big loss is ridiculous. This is one of the biggest 3rd party developers period.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
homelesscarl said:
You might not like their games but saying it's not a big loss is ridiculous. This is one of the biggest 3rd party developers period.

Most of their stuff always comes out on a playstation anyways. So it isn't much of a lose at all.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

You all need to think about this for a bit.

Rockstar is not in a good place right now they may be sold or broken up into small peaces then sold.

Signing a long tern deal with one of the console makers would be a good way to ensure their future. Sony is as good a buddy as anyone, look how well its been going for Insomniacs.

PS2
PSP
PS3

Is a good place to release your games.

Killzone3 said:
You all need to think about this for a bit.

Rockstar is not in a good place right now they may be sold or broken up into small peaces then sold.

Signing a long tern deal with one of the console makers would be a good way to ensure their future. Sony is as good a buddy as anyone, look how well its been going for Insomniacs.

PS2
PSP
PS3

Is a good place to release your games.

You have changed alot... Yes it is a good place to release games, threen systems make alot of meny expecially for the ps2, and gta games are known to sell well on the psp.

mM
ckmlb said:
The odds of this being true are a billion to one.

true dat