By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R* goes sony exclusive

To be honest the corporate giants just found out about this game called 'Risk' and decided to have some fun =P

Around the Network

Vizunary - Next time you go to play Shadowrun, you may notice an extra 200 million players on line.

Ben - google hard at work slowly building "Google Real Earth"

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Vizunary - Next time you go to play Shadowrun, you may notice an extra 200 million players on line.

Ben - google hard at work slowly building "Google Real Earth"

Wow now there is an interesting thought, Google with a console next gen. I seriously doubt it would ever happen but I might be enticed to find out more at the very least. I think they could absolutely put all current online console gaming to shame if they put the same effort into it they do into their other projects.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Why would a company go sony exclusive of their own free will?

A: They won't. Unless they got paid or taken over.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Game_boy said:
Why would a company go sony exclusive of their own free will?

Ask Insomniacs, Ninja theory or Factor5

Around the Network
jhlennon1 said:

Sony already have the several great games exclsuive from Square that's why. They have FFXIII, Versus XIII as well as a many Square Enix games for the PSP exclusive. Microsoft have nothing from SE, nothing of any worth anyway. Last Remnant is going to sell on the PS3 in Japan, not so much on the 360.

Square Enix are always going to favor Sony over Microsoft with their games and that shows. If Sony secured Square Enix, then they would not have to worry about the Japan user base any more, total. The US user base is an open market and like a lot more variety of games, so securing it is a much harder task.

"Many PSP exclusives?" The hell? They only have 2 originals games in the works for PSP; everything else being ports/remakes. SE isn't making anything on PS2 and PS3 isn't going to see either FF until late 2008 at the earliest. Sorry, but SE isn't the end all be all of Japanese developers and Sony DOES have to worry if 2 FF games are supposed to carry the "total" of Japan, considering that HSG5 and several games preceding it proved that no single game from a huge franchise or developer is going to save PS3.

SE is deathly afraid of low install bases. They don't 'favor' Sony anymore than the other companies. They tend to flock to the console with the highest install base and sales potentional. The only time they won't is when they don't have a choice, like when they started making games for Wonderswan Color. Once they made nice with Nintendo again, they ditched the WSC for the GBA so fast it gave both install bases whiplash.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Rockstar are a smart company, they know that money makes things work. For them, going PS-exclusive would be like suicide.

fazz said:
Rockstar are a smart company, they know that money makes things work. For them, going PS-exclusive would be like suicide.

yahh releasing on a user base of only 146 millon give or take would really be suicide LOL.

Guess what...somebody apparently posted a Digg link and this got on the frontpage. Now nobody will take our site seriously.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

146 million? Where? OH you mean INCLUDING PS2...

Then they would be saying "screw next gen"... and suicide too.