By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - R* goes sony exclusive

fazz said:
146 million? Where? OH you mean INCLUDING PS2...

Then they would be saying "screw next gen"... and suicide too.

So your saying no big rockstar franchise on the wii ?

Around the Network
fazz said:

Still.. a userbase of about 30 million with the psp is not suicide..there games sell best on sony systems.

mM
Killzone3 said:
fazz said:

So your saying no big rockstar franchise on the wii ?

By "next-gen" I mean "PS3, Wii, Xbox360, PSP and DS".

So, no, I'm not saying no big Rockstar franchise on the Wii.

And yeah Leo-J, PSP has some solid userbase... but it would be really stupid from Rockstar to go exclusive with ANYONE, knowing that a 93,270,000 userbase (all current including handhelds) is much bigger than... let's say a 26,670,000  userbase (PSP and PS3)... it's all about the money

ClaudeLv250 said:
jhlennon1 said:

Sony already have the several great games exclsuive from Square that's why. They have FFXIII, Versus XIII as well as a many Square Enix games for the PSP exclusive. Microsoft have nothing from SE, nothing of any worth anyway. Last Remnant is going to sell on the PS3 in Japan, not so much on the 360.

Square Enix are always going to favor Sony over Microsoft with their games and that shows. If Sony secured Square Enix, then they would not have to worry about the Japan user base any more, total. The US user base is an open market and like a lot more variety of games, so securing it is a much harder task.

"Many PSP exclusives?" The hell? They only have 2 originals games in the works for PSP; everything else being ports/remakes. SE isn't making anything on PS2 and PS3 isn't going to see either FF until late 2008 at the earliest. Sorry, but SE isn't the end all be all of Japanese developers and Sony DOES have to worry if 2 FF games are supposed to carry the "total" of Japan, considering that HSG5 and several games preceding it proved that no single game from a huge franchise or developer is going to save PS3.

SE is deathly afraid of low install bases. They don't 'favor' Sony anymore than the other companies. They tend to flock to the console with the highest install base and sales potentional. The only time they won't is when they don't have a choice, like when they started making games for Wonderswan Color. Once they made nice with Nintendo again, they ditched the WSC for the GBA so fast it gave both install bases whiplash.

Square Enix are the port kings, everyone knows this as it's common knowledge. I also said that Square Enix favor Sony over Microsoft and it is blatantly obvious that they do. I am not saying that they are in Sony's back pockets, nor did I imply that in any sort of way. Also, if you read my other posts I already commented that 2 FF games alone is not going to get it done in Japan, that is why Sony are releasing other games as well which should appeal to the Japanese gaming market.

I think you need to read what I said in my posts a little closer.