By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GO BUY RESIDENT EVIL 4 WII EDITION

I did! I got it last weekend an I'm loving it!
I had only played the Gamecube version, but that was ages ago. I'm so addicted to this game and the extras make so much cooler. The controls work perfectly and make the game a lot better. Now I'm going to go through professional mode, beat that, and go through it again with the special costumes and weapons. CAN'T WAIT!

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Around the Network

I'm personally surprised at how much time I'm clocking in the Mecenaries. I never really played it on GC, but I'm wearing it out now.

I was realy proud when I got 50+ kills in a row with HUNK in the castle, only to find out that others have gone 100+ on the same map.

It also forced me to realize that the TMP and flash grenades are not, in fact, completely useless. Selling my flash grenades was probably my biggest mistake before. 

Desroko said:

I'm personally surprised at how much time I'm clocking in the Mecenaries. I never really played it on GC, but I'm wearing it out now.

I was realy proud when I got 50+ kills in a row with HUNK in the castle, only to find out that others have gone 100+ on the same map.

It also forced me to realize that the TMP and flash grenades are not, in fact, completely useless. Selling my flash grenades was probably my biggest mistake before.

I always keep all the grenades I get, unless I am really full of stuff... which keeps happening... although I am still on my first playthrough, and currently at 5-1 (right before the regenerators, I am considering shooting their leg, taunt them to jump up to bite me, avoid then stab to death, since I hate leaving enemies alive at any place)

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

I've gotten everything in the game except finishing Professional Mode. I comtemplating whether to do it since normal was crazy. Has any one beaten Professional yet?

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

RE4Wii is really a great game. I'm in the 'last chapter' fighting a boss, so I think I'm nearly through it. RE4 looks great, plays great (now you can clearly see, that the Wiimote works fine for shooters) and has a great atmosphere. I agree, that RE5 on Wii would be great. At least RE:UC is something to look forward to. And possibly Wii gets a port of RE5 later, like PS2 get one for RE4.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I beat professional, but I still have no clue how to get the Chainsaw Weapon.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

Going to get it today, also going to get Strikers Charged I think. :)

Professional mode isn't THAT much hard. The difference between Easy and Normal is bigger. Just reserve bullets by using the knife.

Honestly, I really didn´t like the story of RE4. There was great graphics (for a PS2), good gameplay (although i would have liked to be able to sidestep and have a simpler melee attack), but for me the story was so cliche (even for a videogame).

The characters are all stereotyped specially Leon and his "funny" one-liners. I think that the Wii version must be better because of the controls, because I remember having problems aiming and missing from really close (well, I do suck at that).

I remember not liking the story so much that I decided to play it again just to see if it would change my impression. Now, I´m already at chapter 4-1 and the story is a big "Meh". I hope that RE5 will have a better story.

Is there anyone here who thought the same of the story and/or characters?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

I've played through it on the Wii as well as the gamecube. When I get more free time again, I will be playing through it on the Wii once more on a harder difficulty. My girlfriend loves this game.