By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GO BUY RESIDENT EVIL 4 WII EDITION

eatrice said:

I became addicted to the game again. I've beaten it on GC and PS2...but this by far is my favorite time through. The controls make the difference for me.

I found this out the other day, you can hook up the Gamecube controller or the classic controller and play it "old school." Boy, did my accuracy decrease. There is no way that I would be able to collect all the bottle caps in the shooting range without pulling out my hair. The old way of control really feels archaic.

RE5 is probably the only game that could make me fork over the money for the other two systems. I would love it on the Wii with this control scheme. I could maybe wait for a PC port. But I heard the PC version of RE4 wasn't that great. It had no mouse control.

AND way to save 2 dollars plus tax.

It also had worse graphics then the PS2 version (which was the worst), there's a 1.10 patch that brings up to PS2 specs... But that really ****s

And yeah, the no mouse thing is just really bad, so I am pretty fine with my RE4 Wii, currently at 5-1, just before the regenerators... (It's hardest to knowingly head into a trap/ambush)

Also, I'd buy it if there's a suitable RE5 Wii edition... although I do forsee decrease of enemy numbers and downgrade graphics... 

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

There's no denying that RE4 is awesome, but I don't know if people who played the Gamecube version really need the Wii Edition, even if the WE also has the extras from the PS2 version.

I currently own the GC game, the PS2 collector's edition, and the Wii Edition, and have played both of the older games and am halfway through the new one ... but that's because I'm obsessed with the game. I mean, I really can't help myself. I could be playing SPM or something right now, and I want to, but RE4 always sucks me back in. And I can't stop until I have the Chicago Typewriter.

IMO the controls are better in some ways but a little more awkward in others. I must say though that shooting while stationary is much easier thanks to the lightgun-style aiming: I easily got 5950 out of (I think) a possible 6000 on the target range minigame, when I struggled to get over 4000 in the old versions.

But the above paragraph notwithstanding, the game doesn't seem "too easy" as some have claimed, or even much easier than before, that I can remember anyway. Except for that minigame, and by extension the parts of the game when you can just stand in one place, look in one direction, and shoot everything in sight. And there honestly aren't a huge number of those situations.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I really need to get this game, no-one shuts up about it, what is its greatest aspect?

RolStoppable said:

Man, you must be insanely addicted to this game, there is no 1-4 in this game.

I am not going to buy this game, two of my friends own it. It's a great game.

Ok, maybe its not 1-4, I know I was at 1-3 and I just beat the big arse fish thing in the lake. I am still on the overall 'village' section so I assumed it would be 1-4 now. Since it said I completed 1-3 when I saved and passed out.

To the rest of you, if you *think* you won't like if because it is horror or shooter or RE, just rent it and prove yourself wrong. This game is a must have for any Wii library.

EDIT: ok I beat "El Lago" and am now on 2-1. That should make it clearer.

Yeah, it's a great game and definitely worth the buy. They completely nailed the controls I can't even imagine going back and playing RE4 GC with the old controls or even playing RE5 without the pointer.

The only thing I would improve on that game is the music (I'm pretty sure I've bitched about that here before). A game like RE4 just allows for so much mood to completely creep out the player and keep the awesome tense feeling that makes a game like this fun but the music completely kills that. I hate it tells you there are enemies present and then is completely quit when there's no threat or you've finished everybody off. I would much rather have the music the entire time and be scared every time I turn the corner.

Around the Network

Gamestop here is selling RE4 Wii for $29.99 new.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Already have Gc version and gonna get Wii Edition WHEN IT FINALLY GETS TO THE EUROPE :(

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It's in Europe buddy.

I have never played through any RE game before. RE 4 Wii edition is my first, and I am enjoying it imensely! I am about 2/3 through the castle on professional mode. HARD, even with the precise Wii controls. You have to really watch your ammo, and make good use of your shots.

I'm getting it for Christmas.