By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GO BUY RESIDENT EVIL 4 WII EDITION

Even if you don't have a wii or played the GC version. This game is insanely awesome. I will have to postpone finishing Godfather, which some of you may remember I also raved about in a thread, though not quite as fanboyish, until after I play through this game. I have only gotten to 1-4 and could barely turn it off so I could write this and go to bed. I will now only get 5hrs of sleep.

The storyline is interesting, the graphics are really great, the Wii controls are damn good. I picked it up off of Ebay for $28 with shipping, saving myself $2. I am an idiot. This game is worth $50 easy. 

Now, I am seriously pissed off RE5 is not slated to be on Wii.

Around the Network

Well, the come to Europe. Here you can buy it full price for 50 Euros, which is more than 60 USD.

Oh by the way, I bought it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

yeah screw you with your "$28". I paid $70 and that was because I bargained down the store rep from the RRP of $80.

Still a great game.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

70 USD or 70 in your currency? whats the exchange rate?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I wish it was my kind of game, but unfortunately.....

Anyways, I'll just be happy that other people are enjoying it. ^_^

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

Yeah it's really much better with the Wii controls. My second favorite Wii game after Zelda of course. Buy it especially if you haven't played it on Cube or PS2...

I became addicted to the game again. I've beaten it on GC and PS2...but this by far is my favorite time through. The controls make the difference for me.

I found this out the other day, you can hook up the Gamecube controller or the classic controller and play it "old school." Boy, did my accuracy decrease. There is no way that I would be able to collect all the bottle caps in the shooting range without pulling out my hair. The old way of control really feels archaic.

RE5 is probably the only game that could make me fork over the money for the other two systems. I would love it on the Wii with this control scheme. I could maybe wait for a PC port. But I heard the PC version of RE4 wasn't that great. It had no mouse control.

AND way to save 2 dollars plus tax. 

Wii could possibly get a graphically downgraded version of RE5, but there's no merit to think such a thing at this point. All you can do is hope the PS3 version bombs and Capcom is forced to recoup their loss of appeal to the Japanese market by making a Wii edition. You can hope that the success of RE4 Wii Edition and anticipated success of Umbrella Chronicles also paint the Wii as a good candidate for such a move.

Also remember, development for RE5 started with the PS3 and 360 in mind well before the dev stats for the Wii were out much ales the outcome of this generation was realized. It's possible now that they see how well the Wii is doing they'll consider a graphically toned down version for the White and Blue, but its a hard guess. Maybe Capcom is trying to encourage ninty to buy more RE exclusives like they did with the Gamecube by playing coiy.

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

Faxanadu said:
70 USD or 70 in your currency? whats the exchange rate?
$70AUD. Which according to Google calculator is $60 US.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I can't stand horror games, so .... no thanks :P

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*