By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GO BUY RESIDENT EVIL 4 WII EDITION

yes this game is awesome.
I beat it on normal and I didnt use the knife until like 3-1, I guess I got lucky with ammunition.
The controls for this game are amazing and i can't wait to see what MP3 is like.

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network

I love this game.... on the Wii. I played it back when it first came out on the GC but not being a fan of shooters (because I suck at aiming with two analog sticks) I never made it past the castle.

As much as I'd like to play RE5, I don't think I will because I just can't stand using the analogs to play FPS. I need a wii-mote or mouse. If it ports to the Wii then I will be all over it.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that I did try to play the first 3 RE games but I hated them because of the isometric prerendered backrounds and tank controls. RE4 was the first in the series that I could stomach for longer than a half hour of play (although I did watch my friends play through the others for the story).

The wii controls definately up the playability for me and I personally consider it my favorite game on the the Wii right now. (Zelda is second)

Resident Evil 4 is the Best Wii Game for me so far. Horror/Suspense Theme + Shooting Game + Wii Blaster = Perfect Game

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

As much of a 360 die hard I am, I don't think I could go back to playing RE5 without the wii-mote either and will probably wait for a Wii version. I don't care if it never happens even. RE5 isn't being made by the same director, team or even department n Capcom as RE4 was. I love the RE franchise but the fact they brought back Chris Redfield almost kills the game for me. I can only hope they somehow manage to salvage his character after that terrible Code Veronica game (Don't let Sega make your games).

Proud Owner Of: Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360 (Brother owns PS3 & PS2)

Things that have changed since the last Generation of Gaming:

- Nintendo has shown us you can have the best selling console of all time with virtually no games for it.

- Graphics suddenly matter to Sony fans but Reverse Compatibility and Dual shock oddly enough don’t.

- Kiddy Crap is trendy with Hardcore gamers now that it’s no longer Nintendo’s “thing” (Viva Piñata, Little Big Planet, Banjo Kazooie 3, LBP)

- Third Party Developers are now essentially the equivalent of Video Game street pimps.

- Gimmicks are no longer fads (Wii-mote)... Well, not all Gimmicks (PS-Eye)

I agre. You should buy this game, even if you have beaten it on another system. I beat it on the cube 3 times, and on the ps2 once and I bought the Wii edition the day it came out and I have loved it far more than the other versions since then.

Around the Network
marciosmg said:
Honestly, I really didn´t like the story of RE4. There was great graphics (for a PS2), good gameplay (although i would have liked to be able to sidestep and have a simpler melee attack), but for me the story was so cliche (even for a videogame).

The characters are all stereotyped specially Leon and his "funny" one-liners. I think that the Wii version must be better because of the controls, because I remember having problems aiming and missing from really close (well, I do suck at that).

I remember not liking the story so much that I decided to play it again just to see if it would change my impression. Now, I´m already at chapter 4-1 and the story is a big "Meh". I hope that RE5 will have a better story.

Is there anyone here who thought the same of the story and/or characters?

Most games have crap stories because the stories are there to serve the game conventions (RPGs are the easiest to pull off because they have a bit more freedom in story structure).

RE4 had the usual RE asinine key stuff. I love how Leon can't get around the shack in the village without a key, not realizing that 1) he has a gun that can shoot the lock, 2) the  windows look as secure as Paris Hilton's vagina, and 3) the village has a bunch of ladders he can use to climb over the damn thing.

Honestly I think the game ran too long. Yes there are great gameplay moments, but also great game stalls. Most of the island/assault the military compound stuff was unnecessary and felt out of place for a horror game. Possibly the most painful moment was the superflous cut scene of Luis coming to tell you he left the cure in his other outfit.

That said, complaining about the lack of plot in RE4 is like complaining about the lack of zombies in Citizen Kane. Yes, both would be made better, but what's there is still pretty great.

Have both GC and Wii versions this is a must buy! One of the best games ever. The wiimote controls make it worth the purchase even if you already own a previous version.

Come on people lets get this game to million seller status.

takkxyz said:

I always keep all the grenades I get, unless I am really full of stuff... which keeps happening... although I am still on my first playthrough, and currently at 5-1 (right before the regenerators, I am considering shooting their leg, taunt them to jump up to bite me, avoid then stab to death, since I hate leaving enemies alive at any place)

How'd that knifing regenerators go for you?

And I already bought it. 

DeltaXIII said:
takkxyz said:

I always keep all the grenades I get, unless I am really full of stuff... which keeps happening... although I am still on my first playthrough, and currently at 5-1 (right before the regenerators, I am considering shooting their leg, taunt them to jump up to bite me, avoid then stab to death, since I hate leaving enemies alive at any place)

How'd that knifing regenerators go for you?

And I already bought it.

Very well, I killed 2 regenerator that way, I actually get hit when I tried use the thermal scope instead of the knifing method. Although I would not recomend use knife on Iron Maiden unless you like being a pin cushion. I have already beat the game on normal mode in RE4 Wii Edition, Saddler was ridicously easy with a fully upgraded broken butterfly.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Bodhesatva demands that all Wii owners buy this game. Also, Bodhesatva demands that all non-Wii owners buy a Wii. Then they must buy Forever Blue as punishment for not owning a Wii. Then they must buy this game.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">