By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I boldly predict that God of War III will be best selling game on PS3 in 09

Who cares as long as I get my copy of GOW3 im set.

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Around the Network

I think the PS3 having less games on offer compared to the PS2 when GOW was released may help. having not many options on what new game to purchase and if something new and mildly exciting is released, you are more likely to pick it up then back in the PS2 days where there were dozens of games being released and gamers have so much more choice on what to purchase.

Then again, the PS3 seems to have some kind of curse put on it. It can't just seem to do well with game sales :s

i think either ff13 or gt5 or even assassins creed2( if it comes out in 09), maybe killzone2(it depends if they fixed all the bad stuff from the 1st game). they all will easly beat god of war 3 in sales, as your chart of sales show, its sales have gone down with each installment.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I boldly predict:

FF13 will outsell GT 5 & GOW 3 combined

{psssst....is this bolder than the OP's prediction)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Tbone said:
Stage and Maynard.

I said it can not it will

To say it can is an empty statement. To say it should is much better and more realistic. The sales the GOW series achieved on the PS2 was weird for all the hype. The PS3's version most likely wont even reach those with such a broken installed base on the PS3. I am proud to say that MGS4 did a great job selling over 4 M.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Tbone said:
Stage and Maynard.

I said it can not it will

To say it can is an empty statement. To say it should is much better and more realistic. The sales the GOW series achieved on the PS2 was weird for all the hype. The PS3 wont even reach those with such a broken installed base on the PS3.

Then im goona i say i hope it does instead.

Incorrect.

FilaBrasileiro said:
perpride said:
You better keep your fingers crossed that GT5 doesn't come out next year.

You shut your dirty mouth.

ROFLMFAO!!!

Post of the Year!!!!!

I salute you!

4 ≈ One

Maynard_Tool said:
Tbone said:

God of war 3 will be a great game and can be the most selling from Gow series but outselling games like Final fantasy 13 and Gt5 i dont think so.

What makes you think it will be the most selling game of the series, if the series has been declining with every new game, and the install base for the ps2 (even the psp) is way greater than the one for ps3????

I think the sales declining is because of this:

GOW2: released when the next gen had already started, so even if it was a great game it had to compete with the newer sistemsoftware.

GOW:CoO: Piracy

That's extremely bold. I'd give it almost no shot of it happening honestly.