By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I boldly predict that God of War III will be best selling game on PS3 in 09

Of course, the big assumption that I make is that Gran Tourismo 5 will not be released in 09. Even if FFXIII will be released in 09, its PS3 sales will be diluted by the sales of the 360 version, and Japanese sales won't make much of a difference.

Here's how the God of War series has done so far:

God of War:

0.02 million in Japan

2.48 million in America

0.71 million in Others

Total: 3.21 million

God of War 2:

0.04 million in Japan

1.6 million in America

0.67 million in Others

Total: 2.31 million

God of War Chains of Olympus:

0.04 million in Japan

0.91 million in America

0.33 million in Others

Total: 1.28 million.

I simply don't see any other title that's high profile enough to beat God of War III.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Isn't Gran Turismo 5 coming out in 09?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Well it might be one of the best games in 2009, if not game of the year(just like GOW was in 2005), but I dont know if it will sell to those that have never played it before

mM
SmokedHostage said:
Isn't Gran Turismo 5 coming out in 09?

Kazunori Yamauchi: Of course after this next update, we're going to have another update later on in the year. There's no plans in the works for GT5 yet - that might be 2009, or it might be 2010... But we're totally focused on getting the updates through for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and that's all we're focused on.

source

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Unlikely. If either Final Fantasy XIII or Gran Turismo 5 launch they will easily beat God of War 3 in sales. The next Call of Duty has a decent chance as well.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

FF13 in Japan alone may very well beat god of war and it's likely gonna come out in late 09 though there is a chance it will be early 2010.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

If God of War 3 ends up being the PS3's best selling game in 2009, you can kiss the system goodbye. God of War is by no means a strong selling series, and it's certainly not up there with the killer apps that Nintendo and Microsoft will likely offer in '09. Killzone 2 has far more appeal, and assuming it won't fall flat on its face, then it will sell huge amounts.

dolemit3 said:

Of course, the big assumption that I make is that Gran Tourismo 5 will not be released in 09. Even if FFXIII will be released in 09, its PS3 sales will be diluted by the sales of the 360 version, and Japanese sales won't make much of a difference.

OH REALLY???

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=759

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=760

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=765

From what I see.... Japanese sales will make a HUGE difference....

4 ≈ One

thats a safe bet, but gran turismo 5 can beat it if it comes out before 2010.

Final FantasyXIII being released on the ps3 only in japan will make a difference. First, the graphics will look better because it will be on blu-ray and Japan lives off the Final Fantasy series. So don't be surprised when you see PS3 version have slightly better sales than the 360 version. God of War III no doubt will be huge. Its a long awaited game that needs to be released. Especially after the cliffhanger ending from God of War II. God of War II will be one of the best selling on the PS3 in 09 but not the best. Sony has a lot of great exclusive titles and new IPs for 2009 that will have amazing sales.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY