By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Console Ever!

Mr_Tee_ said:
@Bullet100000
The PS2 had enemies(fanboys) from all sides, especially after ps1 bullied its way into the market to become top dog. It was only when ps2 became popular because of its vast library people began to buy it. Nintendo and microsoft xbox fanboys didnt care much for the ps2.

@liquidkoopa
While i could agree in some ways but not in others. a lot of HD fanboys hate on the wii simply because of its games library the great games are nintendo made so that automatically makes them prone to hate from anyone who doesnt care for mario or link.

There weren't very many at the time. I would say the PS2 has:

-The best gaming library. Look at metacritic, IGN, Gamespot or any other review site.

-The least haters. I would say that 3/4 of HD Console owners hate the Wii. Very few people hated the PS2.

-The best value. That's just my opinion.

It has the best sales of any console to date and the best market share in a generation of any console to date. There was really nothing to hate about it. It was affordable and it was quality. It was the first console to include a DVD player. Sure, it may not have had the hardware of the Xbox, but on every other measure, it was better. It did not ridicule gaming, did not abandon its audience, just set out to make the best gaming experience possible at the time.

I say it succeeded.

Over 100 million people agree with me.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Atari 2600

Kantor said:
Mr_Tee_ said:
@Bullet100000
The PS2 had enemies(fanboys) from all sides, especially after ps1 bullied its way into the market to become top dog. It was only when ps2 became popular because of its vast library people began to buy it. Nintendo and microsoft xbox fanboys didnt care much for the ps2.

@liquidkoopa
While i could agree in some ways but not in others. a lot of HD fanboys hate on the wii simply because of its games library the great games are nintendo made so that automatically makes them prone to hate from anyone who doesnt care for mario or link.

There weren't very many at the time. I would say the PS2 has:

-The best gaming library. Look at metacritic, IGN, Gamespot or any other review site.

-The least haters. I would say that 3/4 of HD Console owners hate the Wii. Very few people hated the PS2.

-The best value. That's just my opinion.

It has the best sales of any console to date and the best market share in a generation of any console to date. There was really nothing to hate about it. It was affordable and it was quality. It was the first console to include a DVD player. Sure, it may not have had the hardware of the Xbox, but on every other measure, it was better. It did not ridicule gaming, did not abandon its audience, just set out to make the best gaming experience possible at the time.

I say it succeeded.

Over 100 million people agree with me.

The best selling console does not mean it isnt hated. if that were true the wii is selling fantastically and will continue to do so does that mean noone hates it? hell even some wii owners hate the wii, but thats just an example.

What im trying to point out is there are far more ps2 haters than there are dreamcast haters. Did u hear people who owned the ps2 say the dreamcast is a pile of steaming........

ps2 constantly failed through DRE and Power supply being faulty on the earlier models. never heard much of those problems with the dreamcast...maybe there were but nothing compared.

IMO Dreamcast was a technically sound piece of hardware with a great set of games and great features. Sega is an oldschool game/hardware maker so it still had a lot of respect.

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

My MGS4 PS3 bundle....cuz my gf bought it for me =)

I thought the N64 was fantastic at the time and deserved better sales. I heard the hype about Goldeneye and didn't believe it because all movie tie-ins are rubbish. That game proved to be a classic and an exception to the rule. Lots of other great and revolutionary games on it too. I have to say that the 360 has been the other revolutionary system for me in terms of what it offers. I know the PS3 offers much the same (and blu ray to boot) but the 360 got there first.

Around the Network

PS2 everyone just seemed to love that brand,

shame its not the case anymore :(

The 60gb PS3

mM

The NES,I don't think it was hated by many.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Here in Europe a lot more people owned Master Systems than NESs, and everyone seemed to like the MS (mostly, it seemed, because of Castle of Illusion).