By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Console Ever!

@Bullet100000
The PS2 had enemies(fanboys) from all sides, especially after ps1 bullied its way into the market to become top dog. It was only when ps2 became popular because of its vast library people began to buy it. Nintendo and microsoft xbox fanboys didnt care much for the ps2.

@liquidkoopa
While i could agree in some ways but not in others. a lot of HD fanboys hate on the wii simply because of its games library the great games are nintendo made so that automatically makes them prone to hate from anyone who doesnt care for mario or link.

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

Around the Network

PS2 and Dreamcast. Nobody hates the dreamcast and everyone agrees that it deserved to do better.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Barozi said:
I never heard anybody in the whole world wide web talking bad about the Dreamcast.
And I liked it. There were some really great games on that system

Yeah it was a great console but it is a shame sega may never replicate something on that scale again. but maybe it was because segas last breath in the console race was the dreamcast so maybe its just that reason its become such a monument of a console. Sega had a great console and i agree the saturn should also be remembered.

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

Definitely the NES. I've never heard anyone argue against that console.

@Everyone saying the PS2
T_T; Are you stupid?

The Dreamcast never really had a full run, so I'm not sure how fair it is to compare it.

I believe the NES wins.

Around the Network

Snes, even megadrive owners had a secret love for the snes & street fighter 2 turbo. Dreamcast, most PS2 owners had owned or used a DC and couldn't bring them selves to hate it. Wii, i honestly think the way fanboys of the 360 and PS3 will happily rag on each other but leave the Wii be is because you can only respect it for bucking the trend and breaking the mold.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Least hated? I'd say Dreamcast. It was awesome yet failed so poorly nobody could feel threatened.

The Super Nintendo is the best console of all-time. I don't think anybody doubts that.

NES. There was no real competition at the time and even later the Sega Master System didn't even come close. Every kid had one or wanted one and it's what got the video game market going again. Even if those NES owners went in other directions later with the Sega Genesis and then PS1 and onward, most everybody over 25 started with the NES. So many classics for the system too makes it a system that it would be hard to not love it.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Well, i have owned too much consoles and played most of them since the 2nd gen, and i always found a hater for that console:

NES: People with FAMICOMs hating the NES (I'm a FAMICOM owner but i didn't do that, but i've had friends that argued about the lockout problem and the games that received less features because of the PIN use on the NES games), so the NES hate was in-house...
Master System: "It doesn't have any games, all my friends have the NES"

SNES and MegaDrive had their fanboys fighting each other, today me and my friends play Brawl and discuss about Mario and Sonic fight back in the days...

N64: "What the f*** is with the cartridges"
Playstation: "3D is not the best", "loading times suck", etc.
Saturn: "You call this 3D???", "Where are my J-games", "Already working on another console?? This is CD and 32x all over again"...

Dreamcast: "Still CDs??? Sony will start with DVDs" "Already gone??? F*****"
PS2: "Emotion Engine is a fraud", "loading times again"
Gamecube: "1.5 GB is bulls**t", "That purple cube excuse for a console is for kids"
Xbox: "Is Microsoft, it's not reliable", "It's only a shooterbox", "it's too big"