By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Console Ever!

N64- What an awesome console that was =D I still play mine regularly.

Around the Network

I agree with your Dreamcast pick.

Too many hated on the N64 cause of the cartridge. Even though I thought that was the best part about it (0 load times). You could almost argue something like the NeoGeo though, but the sales number are just not there to support that argument. Plus the fact that it did not hang around long enough to hate I guess. I thought the arcade basic/gpu and cpu of the NeoGeo was awesome for its time.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

N64 had a ton of haters.
SNES had loads of haters, especially by teen boys. "What is this Mario Paint crap? Play a cool game like Sonic"
NES was hated by arcade/PC gamers just as much as Wii, it was too casual.
Dreamcast was seen as another Sega failure in the making, people wouldn't touch it.

I stand by Neo Geo as the least hated.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Dreamcast wins by alot...

Former something....

The best console ever is the Super Nintendo. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past is a epic and classic game.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Whoever said NES, didn't watch cable much.

Genesis does what Nintendon't?

Dreamcast was very loved, mostly for the free games.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:

Whoever said NES, didn't watch cable much.

Genesis does what Nintendon't?

Dreamcast was very loved, mostly for the free games.

That commercial was dedicated to the NES, but once the SNES came out, fanboys used that line on it, that's the time when we got the Sonic vs Mario fight, the adult vs censored fight (Mortal Kombat anyone??), etc.

the Wii, after that it's the Ps1

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

The Dreamcast wins hands down as it's the only console that I wished I'd bought sooner.

Yes the free games has made it a lot of friends, it was also one of the reasons why Sega pulled the plug.

The cord on the controller had to come out the back as the memory card(vmu) and rumble pack slots used the front.

Speaking about the VMU(Visual Memory Unit), for the NFL2K games you could pick your plays without the other person seeing, and some of the games you played on it helped you in the regular game- Sonic Adventure(chao mini games)

As a matter of fact having a screen on your controller helped you out in quite a few Dreamcast games, for health in some, or just to find things- Skies Of Arcadia(chans). A unique memory card, still unrivaled today.

A great system, only hated on by gamers who have never played it, with a special place in their heart by all those who have.

Dreamcast-18 years later "It's Still Thinking"