By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Console Ever!

Super
Nintendo
Entertainment
System

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

Least haters?  Neo Geo.

Nobody hated it because nobody in my neighborhood could afford it. I remember renting it for a weekend, it was heaven.

If I had owned one I probably would have gotten bored relatively quickly, since there were so few games.

Best console ever - the one that saved console gaming.  NES.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

No one ever talks smack about the NES or the SNES, NO ONE. I've talked to people that didn;t like the dreamcast back when it came out. Not hardcore gamers, but mainstream gamers. Not even mainstream or casual gamers would ever talk down on the NES or SNES.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

CONMAN15 said:
No one ever talks smack about the NES or the SNES, NO ONE. I've talked to people that didn;t like the dreamcast back when it came out. Not hardcore gamers, but mainstream gamers. Not even mainstream or casual gamers would ever talk down on the NES or SNES.

You were either too young or too old to remember middle-school Genesis owners.

Remember all the Ninten-DON'T campaigns?  The shots taken at Mario, being an old out-of-fashion plumber, and Sonic being the hip choice for a new generation?

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

N64- enough good games on there to satisfy even the whiniest of hardcore gamers.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
N64- enough good games on there to satisfy even the whiniest of hardcore gamers.

Agreed

Nes, a system without competition most of its life and a large improvement in gaming quality over the previous generation.

SHMUPGurus said:

The Sega Saturn also belongs there with the Dreamcast, IMO. It didn't have a lot of games, but I've yet to see someone talk shit about the ones that were available on the system. Maybe at the time, people were too busy saying bad things about the Sega CD add-on to even think about the Saturn! It's D-Pad was amazing, the games on the system (mostly Treasure's, and that developer of the Panzer Dragoon games) were pretty unique... It was basically the beginning of 3D gaming!

I still have both my Saturn and Dreamcast, and play them regularly.

No Complaints here.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

PS2 shattered all records and still sells.... there is a reason for that

Dreamcast

Soul Calibur and Shenmue were reasons enough.