By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Console Ever!

Which console do you think had the least haters. The console which people who owned the other console at the time would envy for whatever reason be it an exclusive game or whatnot. This generation just has too many haters for many different reasons.

I would put a guess at dreamcast. even by todays standards people still acknowledge its technical capabilities were well ahead of its time and shenmue that was an awesome game, aswell as the sonic titles. I know there were lots of ninty fanboys at the time hating on sega but compared to now this three way love/hate relationship that was nothing.

what are your thoughts?

Remember this is the least hated console by fanboys and the general hardcore/casual gamer. Not which is the best console.

Owner of PS3, Wii, Xbox360, NDS, PSP - Feel Free to add me on PSN or XBL :)

Around the Network

The Sega Saturn also belongs there with the Dreamcast, IMO. It didn't have a lot of games, but I've yet to see someone talk shit about the ones that were available on the system. Maybe at the time, people were too busy saying bad things about the Sega CD add-on to even think about the Saturn! Its D-Pad was amazing, the games on the system (mostly Treasure's, and that developer of the Panzer Dragoon games) were pretty unique... It was basically the beginning of 3D gaming!

I still have both my Saturn and Dreamcast, and play them regularly.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

for me is the dreamcast, im still love my console

100% Mexican Power

PS2 All The Way.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Obviously the Wii, seems like PS3 and Xbox 360 fanboys are the only ones that are fighting, and probably because between them it's pretty much a graphics war. 

Wii concentrates on none of that.  It's as if Wii is in a separate universe than the other 2 consoles (and it pretty much is).  Nothing is ported on both the Wii and any of the other two, so you can't really compare which version of what is better. 

So ya, Wii's da Switzerland of this war, lolz.

Around the Network

@ Bullet100000:

And here goes someone that didn't read the OP (no reason given as well). @_@

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

PS2.

HUGE marketshare 70%+, and all third party games.

two things not even the wii will manage to do.

I never heard anybody in the whole world wide web talking bad about the Dreamcast.
And I liked it. There were some really great games on that system

NES

pc engine and sega saturn rank as my most treasured!