By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Console Ever!

Sega Genesis

It provided me with a wide selection of titles and it was the console that got me into gaming in the first place.

Around the Network

Some people put dumb answers on here.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

My favorite console ever is the SNES, the PS2 is close second... But i never heard of a console that got no haters, the NES was the closest one...

The least hated console ever is the Atari 2600. Why has no one given this answer yet? Everyone loved the Atari at the time. There were no Atari bashers.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I think NEO GEO AES/MVS/CD/CDZ have the least haters..... probably it didn't sold well. But i remember ppl hate Neo Geo CD due to the long loading time.

Around the Network

Dreamcast wins this thread. It was segas way of saying "sorry" after the 32x and saturn fiasco (in US...in Japan Saturn was a much better console to own that n64)

Jo21 said:
PS2.

HUGE marketshare 70%+, and all third party games.

two things not even the wii will manage to do.

That. Two things the Wii will NEVER do.

The best Console of all time is the 60GB PS3.

The least hated console of all time would have to be either the SNES or the Dreamcast. The funny thing is both of these consoles were the end of era's. The SNES was the last Nintendo console to sell the most in a generation, and the Dreamcast was the end of Sega a a console maker. I guess that means all three current console makers will be back, because it seems everyone hates all three current gen consoles.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Dreamcast seems like an obvious choice for many mainly because it dropped out of the console war to ensue in the early 2000s, thus dodging the scrutiny of opposition. Trust me, if it persisted,and fought it out with PS2, GC and XBOX for a few years, wed have a diff perspective now. We see so much console hating nowadays ONLY because of the competetion.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

No console has ever been loved that was not equally hated in turn. The ones fondly remembered as being "loved by all" were actually loved by enthusiasts and largely ignored by the public at large.

The most loved/hated ones are three: the Atari 2600, the NES, and the Wii. If you count handheld systems too, then the original Game Boy got a lot of love too (and a lot of hate, naturally). These three (or four) redefined (or in the 2600's case, defined) an entire industry. While the enthusiasts may want you to believe that their pet console was the most beloved, the reality of the situation speaks with numbers in relative scale, not with the declarations of gaming's most spendthrifty.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.