By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP dev: 'you could make this game on the 360'

I feel like if I answer you, I'd be arguing with a brick wall who's stance obviously wouldn't change, so I'm going to just leave it. Why don't you instead explain, in specifics, why it couldn't be GRAPHICALLY done on the 360?

IMO, maybe - MAYBE, if the game was 3-dimensional, in that I mean not a side-scroller, maybe I could accept your argument..and maybe if I played the game first hand, and saw some flat out jaw-dropping textures and graphics then I could agree with you. But from what I've seen of the game? I've done 3d design..I actually have a degree..from WHAT I'VE SEEN, it's nothing out of this world.

By saying that the 360 couldn't duplicate these graphics, you're saying that LBP has better graphics than CoD4, yes? I find that hard to believe, and at this point in time, would have to strongly disagree.

Around the Network

It could be made ont eh 360.. of course it would'nt be the same game, but it could... lol @ thread title.

nitekrawler1285 said:

I stopped quoting because it was just too long at this point

Allowing me to create these levels with my friends is a very large point of the game for me.  My friends and I have wanted this for a very long time and without it I wouldn't be willing to plunk down the cash for a ps3.  I don't think it's trivial.

In an age of gaming monotony i would say that most users do feel that the finer points make the game.  Ask any FPS fans about the differences between two different games in the genre.  it all comes down to the finer points.  Is Half-Life the same as Doom?What about Virtua Fighter and Tekken?  Final Fantasy and Breath of Fire?

Take away the scale of shadow of the Colossus and you DO have a different game. Take away the scale of creation or sharing in LBP and you DO have a different game. Plenty of games allow you to play, create, and share but not on the same scale.

I suppose i understand you're point now, i simply do not at all agree.

The finer points matter to a point. You would not have to have the differences that exist between Virtua Fighter and Tekken to port the game to a different console. I really wasn't asking my questions rhetorically. Would you consider the differences in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed to actually make it a different game on the Wii? There is a very blurry line when a game stops being the name and suddenly starts using it as a brand to sell. Sonic Unleashed was said/rumored to have different levels on the Wii but still shares a name. If that turns true then clearly we have a bait and switch going on.

With your example I can see what you are saying but we are thinking of it two different ways. If Shadow of the Colossus was identical in gameplay, but looked like Ocarina of Time it would be the same game in my opinion. You don't have to reduce the scale of the game to reduce the technical demands.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

HDD install for LBP confirmed????

4 ≈ One

Capcom doing Dead Rising on Wii. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

You may not have to reduce the scope of gameplay to reduce technical demands, but it seems to happen rather frequently. In an industry where you can make easy money that way it happens far too frequently. Licensed games are usually the biggest offenders where the game on a less robust hardware often doesn't at all resemble it's brethren. I can't speak for SW:TFU because i haven't played it on any platform. I believe I now understand what you mean however.

Take Castlevania: SotN and Castlevania: AoS for example. I can see how some might call them the same game. However for me SotN outshines AoS and really only because of the systems on which they appeared. The PlayStation game offered far more variety in enemy types, locations, items, weapons as well as offering a superior soundtrack and more animations(possible because of being on a CD and not a cart). Not to say that AoS is bad by any means(probably my favorite GBA game besides Golden Sun), simply that even if the names of the games were the same those finer points make it a different experience to me. Even though the game play is pretty much the same between them. If we just boil it down to game play then Metroid and to an extend Megaman are also the same game.

Hopefully given my example you can see why at least to me the game would be "different" on any other platform.