By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP dev: 'you could make this game on the 360'

talkingparrot said:
The game in its current form, with its high level of graphics are not possible on the 360. They'd have to scale it back. Sure it would be the same game, but it would not be as impressive at is now. This myth that the Xbox 360 is as powerful as the PS3 is slowly dying.

Uncharted waves hello.

The 360's CPU is more powerful for general-purpose code execution (2 cores), while the PS3's CPU is more powerful when dealing with bit-blitter/DSP type operations (1 core, but 7 SPEs).

Having many objects on screen at once, each having it's own independent path, behavior, etc., is actually better handled via general purpose code, not DSP code.  Assisting with incredible looking surfaces, graphical/lighting effects, etc., is where the Cell shines.

Around the Network

Keep dreaming. LBP will remain a PS3 exclusive.

MrBubbles said:
Kyros said:
So yes, you could make this game on the 360, but it'd be a different game."

Perhaps this would be a better title. At the moment its misleading at best.

perhaps you should write to the author of the article instead of telling us what you thought of it.

Perhaps you should write to him to tell him that you don't want him to write to the author when he does not agree with his title instead of just quoting and posting in the thread suited for responses to the op.

See what i did there ?

Check out my game about moles ^

DrStephenTColbert said:
"well, you could do any game on any platform"= Crysis confirmed for NES

ROFL... thats exactly what came to my mind :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

There are some games for 360 that require a hdd. So I don't see why if a company wants to make a game for 360 that needs the hdd, they can just put on the box "requires hdd"

Around the Network

Hey, I just read from ps3fanboy.com that it takes up both sides of a duel layer 40 gig BD, sweeeet!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Very misleading title, but I would assume that LBP is not that taxing on the PS3, and I must say I am surprised how much room it takes up, but I assume there is just a gigantic amount of content

Is the misleading thread why he got banned? Nice spin on the article.

I dont want anyone to say that, "I lie, cheat, and steal", so thats why I dont do any of that stuff.

...HEADLINE - jankazimierz admits! "I lie, cheat, and steal"! more at 11.

talkingparrot said:
The game in its current form, with its high level of graphics are not possible on the 360. They'd have to scale it back. Sure it would be the same game, but it would not be as impressive at is now. This myth that the Xbox 360 is as powerful as the PS3 is slowly dying.

Uncharted waves hello.

ROFL

Graphics wise the game could be easily made on the 360 (Don't get me wrong. It has good graphics, but this is definitive possible on the 360). The only problem would be the size and that stuff could you put on some DVD's.

Gnizmo said:
I always hate how "scaled back" turns into "completely different game." Madden 09 on the Wii had to be scaled bak so it is a ompletely different game and shouldn't be compared to the other games. Madden sells best on the Wii!

Most games now-a-days would work on any platform. There has been very little controller evolution in the last few gens and even less real utilization of it. There are a handful of DS and Wii games that I know of that wouldn't work on most other platforms, but that is no where near the norm honestly. Little Big Planet looks like it could be done anytime after the N64/PS1 era. The game would look different, but the core concepts everyone is harping on would be present. You only need to wait that long because you would need memory cards to store the levels.

Because of nintendos shitty online and Microsofts closed network policies i'm sure it would've been a very different game on another console.  Besides that i'm not sure that last gen consoles would be able to handle the physics calculations.  Those two things alone would make it a "completely different game" let alone the laundry list of other things i could nitpick about  were it not on PS3. Notice no mention of the OMG graphics.

When developers build a game around a console's strenghts it's sure to be a different product on a different console.