By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP dev: 'you could make this game on the 360'

MrBubbles said:
it sounds like hes talking about having storage space for additional levels

Well storage space is only one problem.  The game will ship on a 50 gb bluray disc.  Not only that, but the engine itself comes preloaded with so many gizomos, stickers, and widgets; it ends up taking a lot of space not only on the disc itself (who said bluray isn't necessary), but on the hard drive. Aside from space issues, the game is a pretty beefy game graphically. The Physics in the game use the Cell processor extensively.  The amount of things on screen at one time, combined with 4 player mayhem, and the bluray disc - it is definetely designed with PS3 in mind.

So a 360 version of the game?  I'm sure you could make one, but you'd have to scale down considerably.  The Super Nintendo, and Gameboy all had ports of Killer Instinct which looked no where near as good as the Arcade Cabinet.  You can scale down ANY game and make it functional on another console.  If LBP was on the 360, it would have looked alot worse.  Imagine them taking out all those little nifty features, making it only 2 player co-op, reducing texture / graphical integrity, and squeezing down on the effects on screen at one time.  The point is, the way the game is shown, its only possible on the PS3.

Once you see this game in real life, running on a beautiful HD set, your definetely going to understand why its a PS3 exclusive and what the term: "Power of the Playstation 3" actually means. This game deserves to be pushed to tis potential.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network

^^It's not Jason's title, its the "journalists" at Videogamer

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

^^ misleading title
ban that journalists lol

This article is a non issue..."the game was optimized for PS3" yeah thank, it better not be optimized for the gameboy color since it's a PS3 game.....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

So yes, you could make this game on the 360, but it'd be a different game."

Perhaps this would be a better title. At the moment its misleading at best.

Around the Network
Kyros said:
So yes, you could make this game on the 360, but it'd be a different game."

Perhaps this would be a better title. At the moment its misleading at best.

perhaps you should write to the author of the article instead of telling us what you thought of it.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

ROTFLMAO...errrr...we can't make it, unless you have a hardrive, so we can make it, but we can't....wtf...jsut make it for xbox 360 owners with HDD...duh...if you own a 360 and want the game, get a friggin HDD.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
ROTFLMAO...errrr...we can't make it, unless you have a hardrive, so we can make it, but we can't....wtf...jsut make it for xbox 360 owners with HDD...duh...if you own a 360 and want the game, get a friggin HDD.

perhaps you should reread the article

heruamon said:

That would be fine apart from it's Microsoft that says that developers can't make games that require the harddrive to work. They have to make games that work on ALL 360s.

The game in its current form, with its high level of graphics are not possible on the 360. They'd have to scale it back. Sure it would be the same game, but it would not be as impressive at is now. This myth that the Xbox 360 is as powerful as the PS3 is slowly dying.

Uncharted waves hello.

Console Agnostic since 2001.