By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - LBP dev: 'you could make this game on the 360'

starcraft said:
talkingparrot said:
Wow, your title totally twists his words. In other words he is saying, we could make Little Big Planet on any console, we just have to make concessions for its strengths.

They already did

Yep, and it looks great!

Tifa got MOVES!

Around the Network

im happy thats a ps3 exclusive now

So you couldn't make LittleBigPlanet on the 360. It would be a different game...

Seeing as DmeisterJ aint here....LBP will be huge.

And he says it would be possible on the 360, it just wouldnt anywhere near as comprehensive as it will be on the PS3

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

"well, you could do any game on any platform"= Crysis confirmed for NES

Around the Network

I always hate how "scaled back" turns into "completely different game." Madden 09 on the Wii had to be scaled bak so it is a ompletely different game and shouldn't be compared to the other games. Madden sells best on the Wii!

Most games now-a-days would work on any platform. There has been very little controller evolution in the last few gens and even less real utilization of it. There are a handful of DS and Wii games that I know of that wouldn't work on most other platforms, but that is no where near the norm honestly. Little Big Planet looks like it could be done anytime after the N64/PS1 era. The game would look different, but the core concepts everyone is harping on would be present. You only need to wait that long because you would need memory cards to store the levels.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

DrStephenTColbert said:
"well, you could do any game on any platform"= Crysis confirmed for NES

Its possible. It would just look pixelated like old school mario and it'll be 2D.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

So the big design decision is "assume a hard drive on every console."

^ I guess so. But that is what makes the game so compelling in the first place.

If there was no user generated content and level editor then it would just be just another platformer....

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

Ah finally, a dev out there that makes logical sense without console bias.