By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears2 Fans Vs Resistance2 Fans, friendly bet

twesterm said:
I'll play, Gears of War 2

Also, I think it would be best if you use Gamerankings. It uses only established sites and that way nobody can cry IGN biased.

so the xbox sites and ps3 sites can score their game higher and not even score the other game? I think it should be an average of 3-5 credible reviewers.

Around the Network

GeoW2 will significantly outsell Resistance 2 and it will have a higher metacritic score. I will be buying Resistance 2 on day one and I will never play GeoW2. So which side should I choose?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

LOL MATURE said:
twesterm said:

Also, I think it would be best if you use Gamerankings. It uses only established sites and that way nobody can cry IGN biased.

so the xbox sites and ps3 sites can score their game higher and not even score the other game? I think it should be an average of 3-5 credible reviewers.

Meh, they both will cancel each other out.  I would rather base the bet on a collection of sites rather than just one view and Gamerakings is just better than Metacritic.

Resistance 2

Stick me on for Resistance 2. If my fanboy senses fail me, I will take the punishment

Around the Network

Put me down for gears! :)

Tease.

I would love to participate in your bet but....

I am not to sure of IGN's reviews anymore. I don't necessarily think they are biased, but i have issue with their scoring. The 360 reviewers tend to be really leanient and overlook major flaws of a game as long as it is fun. The PS team seem to grade much harder and demand a whole lot more of a game. The slightest imperfection will dock you .5 points.

Nevertheless, I will place my bet.
Resistance 2: 9.8
Gears of War 2: 9.3

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

twesterm said:
LOL MATURE said:
twesterm said:

Meh, they both will cancel each other out.  I would rather base the bet on a collection of sites rather than just one view and Gamerakings is just better than Metacritic.

If we do select more then just IGN, then it would need to be based on sites both sides can agree on, and i can tell you right now, many sites will never be on the list.  And i'm not going with Gamerankings, they used 112 sites for their final score on Gears and 79 for RFoM, and most of them i have never heard of and i bet most people have never heard of them.

It pains me to say Gears 2 will score higher

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Griffin said:
twesterm said:
LOL MATURE said:
twesterm said:

If we do select more then just IGN, then it would need to be based on sites both sides can agree on, and i can tell you right now, many sites will never be on the list.  And i'm not going with Gamerankings, they used 112 sites for their final score on Gears and 79 for RFoM, and most of them i have never heard of and i bet most people have never heard of them.

I'd like the review to done by the same person actually... but we know that wouldn't happen.