By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears2 Fans Vs Resistance2 Fans, friendly bet

Well, since this will be just for fun, I'll throw in for Gears 2, and I'd also like to volunteer to organize the avatar selection, should Gears 2 win.

I'd feel much more comfortable if we were betting on gamerankings average, but IGN is a fair bet, that's fairly even on both sides.

In the event that they get the same score, I'm assuming the bet is off.

In the end, this is all just guessing, but my guess is Gears 2. I won't admit to "ownage" if I lose. In the end, one review site has so many variables, that it might as well be totally random. That's why it's fair, and that's why I participate.

lol, early avatar suggestions:

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

In the event that they get the same score, I'm assuming the bet is off.

We all bet our game will score higher than the other, so if none of the games scores higher than the other we all lost and must all change our avatar. Ties are for wussies...

This would always be a fun avatar

Also, using Gamerankings make a tie *much* less likely.

^_^ Lol.... I remember those... a friend of mine (girl) used to have all of those... we just talked about it about a week ago... sooooo girly... thank god she also had a great plastic dinosaur collection so we could play with those instead of the ponys...

LETS GET IT ON!!!!! FIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Gears

Just pitching in to say that reading "IGN has no bias" made me laugh.

They are the guys who gave the worst edition of PES to date stellar scores because *drum roll* they had invested marketing dollars on it.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

twesterm said:

I think part of the low number is due to the PS3 was just new and not a lot of people were reviewing it for one reason or the other.  If you look at the newer reviews for PS3 games you'll notice they should have more reviews.

The other reason for that I think is Gears was very hyped game while Resistance just wasn't.  It received a lot of attention because there wasn't much else, but it didn't have the hype that Gears had.  Even my parents (who know nothing about games) knew about Gears because they had seen it on the news and how it was supposed to be revolutionary.

I think for Resistance 2 and Gears 2 both will have about the same level of hype and both will have close to the same number of reviews +/- 10 which isn't much when you're talking about something in the area of 100 reviews that are all going to be close to the same score.

Also, I don't think the 10 or so review difference will make that much of an impact.  The games will get a certain score and they will stay around that certain score.  That's about true for any large game.

And finally, using something like Gamerankings (or Metacritic even, though I don't like them as much) will end all fanboy arguments.  If we use just IGN someone can always say that the Gears reviewer was an uber fanboy and that's why it scored higher or the Sony reviewer could be reviewing on graphics alone and that's why it scored higher since it is PS3. 

Using something like Gamerankings will use the reviewers people like and don't like and that's about the only way to do it because you're never going to make everyone happy and someone will always scream bias if you just use IGN.

You make some good arguments about the Gears VS RFoM ratings on Gamerankings.  But i don't think it would be fair to include GR to the people who already voted for the IGN score.  Maybe another poll would be best for people that wanted to go by GR. 

Unless one game is clearly rated low by a fanboy reviewer at IGN i don't think people will have a problem as long as the scores are all within reason. But if one game gets a 8 and the other one a 9.5 then something might be wrong.

I'm for using GameRankings if people would rather have that then IGN, but I don't really care myself.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Just pitching in to say that reading "IGN has no bias" made me laugh.

They are the guys who gave the worst edition of PES to date stellar scores because *drum roll* they had invested marketing dollars on it.

Maybe they are not perfect, but can you name a site that each side would agree to more.