By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears2 Fans Vs Resistance2 Fans, friendly bet

Since both games are coming out within 3days of each other this November and each game is looking to score pretty high, lets have a bet on which one will score higher.  But we won't use overall scores, we will use the score of IGN to use in our bet.  This site is one of the biggest and best in the Industry and i'm sure Fanboys from both sides don't think the site is bias. 

The losing side will change their Avatar for one day for each member of the opposing side, each side will need to determine as a whole what they want the other sides avatar to be for the length of the bet.  But since this is just a friendly bet, i think we can all agree to not have any sort of offensive avatar selected for the losing side. 

I will update the first post with each sides members, as this thread gets longer and the time comes closer until the games come out.  The Avatar change will happen on November 10 for whatever length of time based on the amount of members willing to participate.  Of course the more members the better this bet will become.

If i forget to add your name, or accidently place it on the wrong side just send me a message.

Resistance 2 scores higher
Griffin
xenophon13
skeezer
Munkeh111
Rainbird
shanbcn
Beja-Beja
whofwhof
forevercloud3000
ceaser92
chenguo4
kjj4t9rdad
DMeisterJ
Dgc1808
Retrasado
PDF

Gears of War 2 scores higher
Stof
SHMUPGurus
El Duderino
disolitude
twesterm
Vaza
Squilliam
jrix
Ronster316
colonelstubbs
perpride
stonj
ZenfoldorVGI
matt247
SnakeEyez
eliasg
Soriku
psrock
Arkk
4lc0h0l
reptile168
gebx
DOATS1
BottledSpringWater
TheTruthHurts!
thekitchensink

Around the Network

I like it.

i belive ign at many times offers biased scores,

regarding reviews its clearly obvious that gears 2 will rate higher, especially on metacritic, fanboy review sites will just stick in 10`s across the board.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Uh oh, let me get my popcorn ready

hm... Ok. I'll throw my hat in with Gears.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I don't trust many US media, so I won't bet on their overall perspective. I do think I will like Resistance 2 much better.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Gears 2, because the reviewers there tend to downgrade PS3 games for no apparent reason.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

i am in for resistance.

Though I will not be playing Gears2 I think it will be a higher rated game. Not because it deserves it though.

Gears2 will def be scored on 2 things. Being a sequel to a game that scored high AND improving on that game.

I hated the first game and think it should have been scored in the mid 80's. If that were the case I'd take this bet. But the first scored 90+ and now its improved. This game is going to get higher scores just because it will be better than the first one AND everyone scored the first one so high to begin with so they really have no room to score.

Skeeuk said:
i belive ign at many times offers biased scores,

regarding reviews its clearly obvious that gears 2 will rate higher, especially on metacritic, fanboy review sites will just stick in 10`s across the board.

Well, if you think IGN is bias and Gears2 will score higher then you are more then welcome to vote on the Gears2 side.  I'll just be looking forward to picking your avatar on November 10