By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears2 Fans Vs Resistance2 Fans, friendly bet

stonj said:
im for gears 2 because of the larger fan base and the pc users from the first one buying a 360 just for it

and that effects review scores.... how?

Around the Network

resistance2

LOL MATURE said:
stonj said:
im for gears 2 because of the larger fan base and the pc users from the first one buying a 360 just for it

and that effects review scores.... how?

Maybe he thinks they will pool their money and bribe the reviewers

go ahead and put me down for Resitance 2 dude...

Nathan Hale vs. the Chimera FTW!!!!!!!!!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Console Agnostic since 2001.

Around the Network

Put me down for Resistance 2

Griffin said:
twesterm said:
LOL MATURE said:
twesterm said:
I'll play, Gears of War 2

Also, I think it would be best if you use Gamerankings. It uses only established sites and that way nobody can cry IGN biased.

so the xbox sites and ps3 sites can score their game higher and not even score the other game? I think it should be an average of 3-5 credible reviewers.

Meh, they both will cancel each other out.  I would rather base the bet on a collection of sites rather than just one view and Gamerakings is just better than Metacritic.

If we do select more then just IGN, then it would need to be based on sites both sides can agree on, and i can tell you right now, many sites will never be on the list.  And i'm not going with Gamerankings, they used 112 sites for their final score on Gears and 79 for RFoM, and most of them i have never heard of and i bet most people have never heard of them.

I think part of the low number is due to the PS3 was just new and not a lot of people were reviewing it for one reason or the other.  If you look at the newer reviews for PS3 games you'll notice they should have more reviews.

The other reason for that I think is Gears was very hyped game while Resistance just wasn't.  It received a lot of attention because there wasn't much else, but it didn't have the hype that Gears had.  Even my parents (who know nothing about games) knew about Gears because they had seen it on the news and how it was supposed to be revolutionary.

I think for Resistance 2 and Gears 2 both will have about the same level of hype and both will have close to the same number of reviews +/- 10 which isn't much when you're talking about something in the area of 100 reviews that are all going to be close to the same score.

Also, I don't think the 10 or so review difference will make that much of an impact.  The games will get a certain score and they will stay around that certain score.  That's about true for any large game.

And finally, using something like Gamerankings (or Metacritic even, though I don't like them as much) will end all fanboy arguments.  If we use just IGN someone can always say that the Gears reviewer was an uber fanboy and that's why it scored higher or the Sony reviewer could be reviewing on graphics alone and that's why it scored higher since it is PS3. 

Using something like Gamerankings will use the reviewers people like and don't like and that's about the only way to do it because you're never going to make everyone happy and someone will always scream bias if you just use IGN.

madsick said:
Put me down for Resistance 2

I would love to put you down, but since you only have one post i feel it would be unfail in the game.  But if you are still an active poster by the time this game comes out then i will add your vote to our game.

i think you should use:

IGN
GAMESPOT
GAMESPY and as a final reviewer, have someone neutral from VGCHarts review the reviews to make it fair and give an overall score :D

In my opinion, R2 will be a far better game but GeoW2 will score higher, but i'm not betting :p

@ twesterm: Good call, but I would still prefer ING only so once the score is out its final and I think they score fair most of the time... but I don´t mind useing gamerankings...