By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears2 Fans Vs Resistance2 Fans, friendly bet

Gears 2 although I would like for Resistance 2 to get rated higher. Only a fool would think that a ridiculously hyped game like Gears 2 would be outscored than a hyped up PS3 game like Resistance 2.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
i think you should use:

IGN
GAMESPOT
GAMESPY and as a final reviewer, have someone neutral from VGCHarts review the reviews to make it fair and give an overall score :D

In my opinion, R2 will be a far better game but GeoW2 will score higher, but i'm not betting :p

I have heard a lot of things about bias from some video game web sites. I've heard that IGN is PS3 leniant while Gamespot loves the 360 off (I actually believe the second one).

I'd say an average of IGN and Gamespot would work...but please don't bring Gamespy into this :'(

perpride said:
Fei-Hung said:
i think you should use:

IGN
GAMESPOT
GAMESPY and as a final reviewer, have someone neutral from VGCHarts review the reviews to make it fair and give an overall score :D

In my opinion, R2 will be a far better game but GeoW2 will score higher, but i'm not betting :p

I have heard a lot of things about bias from some video game web sites. I've heard that IGN is PS3 leniant while Gamespot loves the 360 off (I actually believe the second one).

I'd say an average of IGN and Gamespot would work...but please don't bring Gamespy into this :'(

IGN are some of the harshest PS3 critics. Did you see there scores for Heavenly Sword? The lowest out of any publication. They gave Disgaea 3 it's lowest score too. The PS3 team at IGN dont take no mess from any game developer. The issue is the 360 team on the site is not as harsh on there games and give higher scores out on games that simply do not deserve it. Only the top teir PS3 games get awsome scores from IGN. Listen to the Podcast Beyond PS3 from IGN and you will know what I mean, they almost sound like xbots sometimes.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Griffin said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Just pitching in to say that reading "IGN has no bias" made me laugh.

They are the guys who gave the worst edition of PES to date stellar scores because *drum roll* they had invested marketing dollars on it.

Maybe they are not perfect, but can you name a site that each side would agree to more.

Metacritic or Gamerankings.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I'm not sure that hype, is a guarantee of critical success...case in point: Lair and Too Human. Therefore I'm not really buying that just because Gears was super-hyped, it rated higher. In fact, I'd venture to guess that the reason it rated higher on the sites that report aggregate scores, was because it was simply the preferred game.

IF I'm still posting in November put me down for Gears 2, though I'd bet more that I'm probably not going to be posting a lot on this page 1 week after Gears 2 is released. Learning the nuances of the multi-player game will eat up all of my free time...

Around the Network

gears of war 2...

SONY ALL DAY
so resistance

Gears will be a better game.

put me down for gears 2

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

This is a toughy. I'm going to go with Gears 2 for the simple fact that I enjoyed the Gears 1 more than Resistance 1, and the original Gears was the game that really brought us in to the next gen when it released.

So, add me in to the Gears faction.

Just kiss the tip.

I vote for Socom

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893