Put me down for Resistance.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

Soriku said:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928399.asp?q=resis

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928234.asp?q=gears%20of

Gears.

Going to the losing side Soriku, how sad

It should be an overall rating of different sites because if Hillary Goldstein(IGN) reviews it, it will be biased because that guy overrates any game that has a gun or where you can blow up things, for example he gave Halo 3 a 9.5......way overrated.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

It's really a hard one.

Some sites like change, some loathe it.

Resi looks like it changed a lot, and Gears looks like more of the same.

So it's a tough decision. And it changes all the time.

But I'll go with Resi 2 since change is better than monotony.

Around the Network

This will be fun.. put me down for Gears 2

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Bitmap Frogs said:
Griffin said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Just pitching in to say that reading "IGN has no bias" made me laugh.

They are the guys who gave the worst edition of PES to date stellar scores because *drum roll* they had invested marketing dollars on it.

Maybe they are not perfect, but can you name a site that each side would agree to more.

Metacritic or Gamerankings.

Bitmap is the only guy in this thread with some sense. Whoever suggested "Gamespot, IGN, and then Gamespy" just isn't thinking straight when we can use aggregate sites.

If we only go by a couple review sites, whichever side loses is gonna claim reviewer bias, no matter if they're really biases or not. I say we go with Meta and Gamerankings.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

DMeisterJ said:
It's really a hard one.

And just how is Resistance 2 going to be THAT different? A totally new multiplayer mode, OK, I'll give it that, but for the rest, is it really going to be that different?

As far as I know, both games will have a different way of storytelling, both games will have new weapons, both games will have better graphics, both games still have the same setting (a world torn apart by aliens), both games will feature different multiplayer modes, etc.

Please explain. o_o

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Resistances hands down.

SHMUPGurus said:
DMeisterJ said:
It's really a hard one.

And just how is Resistance 2 going to be THAT different? A totally new multiplayer mode, OK, I'll give it that, but for the rest, is it really going to be that different?

As far as I know, both games will have a different way of storytelling, both games will have new weapons, both games will have better graphics, both games still have the same setting (a world torn apart by aliens), both games will feature different multiplayer modes, etc.

Please explain. o_o

Eight-Player co-op in Resistance 2 is a pretty huge change, as is the 64 player online.   And how the online mode works is crazzzzzzy different. 

Aside from that, how many shooters are really "different". 

I was just saying that it offers more change than Gears 2 which is keeping the 2 player co-op, and only making online 5-5 versus 4-4.

Not much changed.