By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - You know what I find odd (Wii topic)

Ok. Lets see

4 with a Wii
1 friend has 2 Xbox360's
0 have PS3's

In addition, 12 of my friends say they will get a Wii as soon as SSBB comes out.

Around the Network

Including me:

4 Wii
2 360
3 PS3
The buzz is generally Wii-oriented.

1 PSP (heavily modded)
"Tons of" DS
2 GBA
Outside of my cliques, I'm seeing more instances of PSP in the wild these days

4 GCN
1 XBox
"Like a billion" PS2
MS gets underrepresented around here. The home of the only Xbox I've seen outside of stores is also the home of the only 360 I've seen actually owned by a user. Beyond that, we're an outsidey bunch o' nerds, so the games trend towards DDR and in-person multiplayer games (a strength of the GC and now the Wii).

In my surrounding: 2 x Wii 3 x PS2 (2!) 1 x Gamecube (but he doesn't own a Wii ... yet) 2 x Dreamcast I know at least one, who said he must buy a Wii now, after he played mine. And some other had fun playing Wii too, although they didnt say they would buy one themself.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I just did a poll at my job (A Directv Call Center) and 55 people have NES's at home don't know about the rest.

Most of my friends in the real world aren't avid videogamers, or at least we don't talk about videogames much. So here's what I know:

One has a PS2 and just bought a Gamecube for Twilight Princess last fall, he's saving up for a Wii later this year.

One has a PS2, which she uses mostly for Karaoke Revolution at parties.

One uses her PC, strictly to play Sega's Typing of the Dead.

One family has had a PS2 since launch and just bought a Wii for their son's birthday a few weeks back.

So that's:

1 Wii
0 XBox 360
0 PS3
3 PS2s
1 GCN
1 PC

Around the Network

So far visunary's experience is the oddest I've heard of. I mean, with how many PS3s are sold compared to other consoles, and also considering the general buzz favors Wii and 360 to a lesser extent, I find it crazy that the vast majority of your co-workers own PS3s and PSPs compared to Wiis and DSs...do you work at Sony or something?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I know:

- 1 person who has a Wii
- 8 people who have PS3s
- 6 people who have 360s
- 2 people who have DSs
- 7 people who have PSPs

I know:
- 2 people that want a Wii
- 5 people that want PS3s
- 2 people that want 360s
- 0 people that want DSs
- 1 person that wants PSP (thats me)

I live in south-east England (south-east being the richest part of England) and am 15 years of age, if that helps.

I live in South East England too, I think the england in percentage terms is the biggestfor the xbox 360. ie about 70%1.3m against 0.7m wii, PS3 0.3m

I know:

- 8 person who has a Wii Me too
- 2 people who have PS3s
- 4 people who have 360s
- 14 people who have DSs me too
- 3 people who have PSPs me too

I know:
- 4 people that want a Wii
- 1 people that want PS3s
- 1 people that want 360s
- 0 people that want DSs
- 1 person that wants PSP

I also know 2 undecided people on consoles between Wii and 360's

SamuelRSmith said:
I know:

- 1 person who has a Wii
- 8 people who have PS3s
- 6 people who have 360s
- 2 people who have DSs
- 7 people who have PSPs

I know:
- 2 people that want a Wii
- 5 people that want PS3s
- 2 people that want 360s
- 0 people that want DSs
- 1 person that wants PSP (thats me)

I live in south-east England (south-east being the richest part of England) and am 15 years of age, if that helps.

15 years old? That makes sense. The Wii and DS are weakest in the high school (13-18) market, so you probably won't see much Nintendo in your age group. That group is owned my Microsoft and Sony pretty solidly. When you go younger and older than that group that's when you will see the Nintendo systems start to own the market.

In my case, counting both my friends, family and brothers friends

5 have Wii
3 have 360
1 has PS3

People that want but can´t buy them because of my countries inflated prices.

About 11 and more than will wait until Smash or a price drop
About 3 want a 360
About 1 wants a PS3

I don´t count DS vs PSP because there too many peopl that want or have DS, and none that want or have PSP