By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - You know what I find odd (Wii topic)

I have a new sig.

What were we talking about?

My range for my list was 18-23 for those who own, and 17-35 for those who plan on buying a Wii when SSBB comes out. 

4 with a Wii
1 friend has 2 Xbox360's
0 have PS3's

12 plan on getting a Wii when SSBB comes out. 

Around the Network
naznatips said:

Of my personal circle of 7 friends, 8 including me (as that seems to be the direction this topic as headed, amazingly without any flaming):

All 8 of us have DSes

7 have Wiis, including me. The other 6 bought them after playing mine. The last one will be buying one when he doesn't have to camp for it (It's hard to find one in Indianapolis still). Till then he mooches off our Wiis >_<

3 have 360s. I'll be getting one soon myself I hope (expecting a price drop this year and a relief of RRoD issues)

3 have PSPs (again this includes myself)

0 have PS3s. Although none of us have them. Me, and 2 others would like them. We all agree that we won't be picking them up though till they hit $350 or less, $400 if something comes along that we can't wait for.

Edit: Interestingly we all owned PS2s last gen, only 3 of us owned GCs (including me) and 4 of us owned Xboxes (the same 4 who owned Xboxes bought 360s, minus me who can't afford one yet and doesn't like RRoD). The reason I think this is interesting is that we almost directly reflected the market sales.

Oh and, if anyone was curious, we are 20-25 year old male college students. Most of us have girlfriends, but none of them are gamers (i can still get mine to play the Wii though :D)

Indy, eh? I hate that stupid circle thing. =P

But I love the Hard Rock there. ;) 

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/307/dsc01177cu9.jpg

That sign has been there for a few weeks now. I know this isn't what is going on everywhere else, but the Wii-spree doesn't really exist here anymore.

Please bare in mind that this is a Woolworths in the High Street of a semi-major town (probably about 4 miles squared and you get a lot of people travelling in from other villages and smaller towns).

The 360 is also untouched, and the PS3 pile has been moving down, though slowly - and there's always a couple of teenagers standing next to it talking about it and are either talking about saving up or getting it for christmas.

The Wii still sells fast, but not as fast as everywhere else. And the PS3 seems to sell faster than most places here aswell.

But this is just one town, so that makes one town and a country (apparantly (according to anecdotal evidence) the Wii doesn't sell out in Aus anymore).

tispower - What county are you from?

BenKenobi88 said:
I know a couple kids with DSs...but those 14 DSs I listed before are all from my friends that are 18-25 years old.

Yeah, you and I are in the same age bracket and seem to have similar experiences in system distribution.

xbebop said:

Lol the Speedway?  Yeah Indianapolis is a pretty worthless place to live.  Weather conditions are extreme, there isn't much to do, and the economy blows.  

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/307/dsc01177cu9.jpg

That sign has been there for a few weeks now. I know this isn't what is going on everywhere else, but the Wii-spree doesn't really exist here anymore.

Please bare in mind that this is a Woolworths in the High Street of a semi-major town (probably about 4 miles squared and you get a lot of people travelling in from other villages and smaller towns).

The 360 is also untouched, and the PS3 pile has been moving down, though slowly - and there's always a couple of teenagers standing next to it talking about it and are either talking about saving up or getting it for christmas.

The Wii still sells fast, but not as fast as everywhere else. And the PS3 seems to sell faster than most places here aswell.

But this is just one town, so that makes one town and a country (apparantly (according to anecdotal evidence) the Wii doesn't sell out in Aus anymore).

tispower - What county are you from?

UK mate =) I'm sure I said that earlier in this thread itself :/

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

naznatips said:
xbebop said:

Lol the Speedway? Yeah Indianapolis is a pretty worthless place to live. Weather conditions are extreme, there isn't much to do, and the economy blows.

Yeah, I never got what people love about cars racing round and round an oval, then again, that's off-topic...

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

tispower - yeah I said county not country, lol.