By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - You know what I find odd (Wii topic)

Amongst my friends, there are:

11 Wiis.
3 360s.
14 DSs.
1 PSP.
0 PS3s (though one of my friends bought one at launch, but unfortunately the prices were sucking on ebay...I think he ended up selling it for retail value + shipping)

Most of us play on the PC as well. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

My friends, including myself (8 of them):
6 Wii
0 360
0 PS3
3 DS (All also own a Wii)
0 PSP
11 PS2 (3 faulty, everyone I know owns one currently)
1 Xbox (used exclusively as a DVD player)
3 Gamecube (counting one that melted in a fire)

I also make a habit of asking people who come into my card shop what consoles they own. Nobody who comes in actually owns one of the new consoles. Nobody has expressed interest in the PS3, a few will buy it when it's around $300. Some people want to get a 360 Elite until they see the Wii in my shop, play it, and then ask where they can get one. Then we laugh at them. I've even had the Mail delivery person stop in and ask what the hell that was on the screen, play it, and want to buy one. Wiis are literally impossible to find here, I haven't seen or heard of one in a shop around here (Oregon, USA) since I waited in the launch line in November.

your mother said:
roadkillers said:

Is that I only know 2 people owning a Wii. I know tons of people that own a 360. 1 person that owns a PS3. So I went to a Skate shop yesterday and they had 3 wii's in there shop. I have also heard that a lot of other stores have Wii's you can just hang out and play. So do you guys think that stores like that have a lot to do with the console sales? Like a big part of the Wii sales? Do you guys know a lot of people that own a Wii?

I know of...

seven people who have a Wii in my office

one person who has a 360

nobody in the office has a PS3

about 1/2 of the people in the office (about 30 staff here) have a DS

5 have a PSP

hardly anyone in the office gets their game on with a computer - not that they don't play games, just that they go to LAN cafes to play. This mainly has to do with the fact that people normally don't invite others to their homes, as apartments are pretty small here, and for social events people prefer to get together in neutral ground - Karaoke bar, LAN cafes, cinemas, etc.

I see... So you office have.........

1 GM (still waiting for a PS3 price cut)

1 DGM (X360)

5 Managers (PSP)

7 Supervisors (Wii)

15 Workers (DS)

1 Cleaner....

30 staff in total.

hahaha.... I'm just kidding.

Silver_Z said:
your mother said:
roadkillers said:

Is that I only know 2 people owning a Wii. I know tons of people that own a 360. 1 person that owns a PS3. So I went to a Skate shop yesterday and they had 3 wii's in there shop. I have also heard that a lot of other stores have Wii's you can just hang out and play. So do you guys think that stores like that have a lot to do with the console sales? Like a big part of the Wii sales? Do you guys know a lot of people that own a Wii?

I know of...

seven people who have a Wii in my office

one person who has a 360

nobody in the office has a PS3

about 1/2 of the people in the office (about 30 staff here) have a DS

5 have a PSP

hardly anyone in the office gets their game on with a computer - not that they don't play games, just that they go to LAN cafes to play. This mainly has to do with the fact that people normally don't invite others to their homes, as apartments are pretty small here, and for social events people prefer to get together in neutral ground - Karaoke bar, LAN cafes, cinemas, etc.

I see... So you office have.........

1 GM (still waiting for a PS3 price cut)

1 DGM (X360)

5 Managers (PSP)

7 Supervisors (Wii)

15 Workers (DS)

1 Cleaner....

30 staff in total.

hahaha.... I'm just kidding.

Funny you should say that - our 51-year cleaner (who happens to be a woman) just got her paycheck today and is going to buy the first PS3 among all my colleagues!

Just kidding! 

I happen to know 12(!!!) people in my surroundings that own a Wii... And 7 of them are in my highschoolclass! (Yeah... Wii is kinda hot right now here in EU)

Edit: So roadkillers... I guess u don't know much people who own a wii cuz we bougth em all ...

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Hahahahaaa...... U got me!!

Wii is the next big thing. Every shop in the IT mall, regardless of their product specialization (portable music device, PDA, notebooks, mobile phones, digital camera, PC, DVD), they have a few Wii for sale. Its all over the place!! I won't be surprise if I see em in the grocery store.

Almost everyone I know play PC games(MMO's), only the hardcore linux/bsd users don't. Last generation was clearly won by the xbox, atleast 3 of my friends got two of those. Many had their xboxes just for xbmc. Only 2 has a PS2 and they're both girls only playing Singstar :) No gamecubes at all. This generation is between the Xbox 360 and the PS3 but most hasn't moved out of gen 6. No handhelds that I know of and one guy with a Wii.

We're talking about 60 people in the age group 25-35.

Of the People i know, they own :

8 Wii's
4 Xbox 360's
0 Ps3's

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

roadkillers said:

Is that I only know 2 people owning a Wii. I know tons of people that own a 360. 1 person that owns a PS3. So I went to a Skate shop yesterday and they had 3 wii's in there shop. I have also heard that a lot of other stores have Wii's you can just hang out and play. So do you guys think that stores like that have a lot to do with the console sales? Like a big part of the Wii sales? Do you guys know a lot of people that own a Wii?

A lot of people on campus own Wii's here, not many 360's and I haven't seen a single PS3

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)