By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - You know what I find odd (Wii topic)

naznatips said:

15 years old? That makes sense. The Wii and DS are weakest in the high school (13-18) market, so you probably won't see much Nintendo in your age group. That group is owned my Microsoft and Sony pretty solidly. When you go younger and older than that group that's when you will see the Nintendo systems start to own the market.

I agree that 13-18 is a key demographic for sony/ms... unfortunately they (generally) can't afford them :(

Wow, the systems people I know own is like a flip flop of everyone elses, with PS3 owned more than Wii and 360 combined. I should probably point out that we're all 24 - 36 yr old males with a decent amount of expendable income, we're all bankers(not wankers that's different ;) and I think only two of them have kids, but they're both brand new kids and they got their PS3's first, good choice I say, cause both of their budgets got cut considerably.

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
I know:

- 1 person who has a Wii
- 8 people who have PS3s
- 6 people who have 360s
- 2 people who have DSs
- 7 people who have PSPs

I know:
- 2 people that want a Wii
- 5 people that want PS3s
- 2 people that want 360s
- 0 people that want DSs
- 1 person that wants PSP (thats me)

I live in south-east England (south-east being the richest part of England) and am 15 years of age, if that helps.

15 years too! But Nintendo dominates my area (even 12-18 year old)

I know:

- 12 people who have Wii's.

- 2 people who have a PS3.

- 1 person who owns an X360.

- like 30-50 something people who own a DS (school and friends... and neigbours etc...).

- like 12 people who own a PSP.

THE NETHERLANDS

I now this might sound funny but I don't know a single kid with a DS and when I ask them why not they all say "cause Nintendo is for kids" But I know about 15 adult age range 21-28 that have DS's. One had a PSP but traded it for a DS. Two of them have Wii's, 2 have 360's and nobody has a PS3.

I know a couple kids with DSs...but those 14 DSs I listed before are all from my friends that are 18-25 years old.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around me (college kid at a pretty expensive college [i.e, no money for gaming cause we're all heavily in debt ], and I don't really hang out with the gamer crowd):
1 360
0 ps3
not sure of an exact amount of wii, but its at least 6. About 3/4s of the people who had an XBox or a PS2 now have a wii, and the rest of them are looking for one.

2 DS's, including mine purchased for the NYT crossword puzzle game after hearing about it on this site...
0 PSP

Sorry I don't have more info. The gamers I know here play WoW, and there aren't that many of them to begin with.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network

I know of

29 with DS's

0 with PSP

1 with PS3

1 with 360

16 with Wii

Average ammount of games counting all systems is about 14 per person. (DS raises it a lot though.)

This is not including me I own a PSP a DS&DS lite PS3 a 360 and a Wii

Age range of my friends is 19 - 32 

amongst my friends there are

7 360's(who doesnt have a 360)
1 wii(nobody I know has a wii..exept alturo)
3 ps3's(I have 1 my other two friends have one as well they just bought it)

mM

leo-j, just checked your sig. Haven´t laughed so hard for days :)

funny sigs are the best sigs.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

As you can see from my sig, you can probably tell I dont think much for anecdotal evidence

Anyway, I know 2 people who have 360s, 2 other people who have a PS3 (my brother's friends), and 2 people who have a Wii. Although vitually all of my friends have a PS2, one has an xBox, and one has a Gamecube. Then again, a fair few of the people I know also do a lot of PC gaming aswell.

edit, like SamuelRSmith, I live in the S-E of England, but am 16.  Also I think a few other people have GCs aswell, but mainly cos they're totally biased nintendo fans

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk