By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - KH3 outselling FFXIII?

Not a chance in hell.

Around the Network

i dont think it will outsell it,but it has a shot if it becomes multi-plat or if its released on wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Lightning08 said:
Not a chance in hell.

Why not? Like somebody said earlier Kh1 sold better than XII. Both series were on a console with an immense userbase, but we don't know if they will be on the same console this gen.

Lightning08 said:
Not a chance in hell.

If KH3 is on PS3 then you´r right, but if KH3 is on Wii then not, KH3 will be the must have RPG on Wii.

sc94597 said:
Lightning08 said:
Not a chance in hell.

Why not? Like somebody said earlier Kh1 sold better than XII. Both series were on a console with an immense userbase, but we don't know if they will be on the same console this gen.

KH1 to FFXII is not fair. KH1 to FFX and KH2 to FFXII is more like it as both sequels had drop offs.

KH does not have the Japan or Europe following required to top FF.

FFXII failed in Europe, that's why the sales for the game are so low, FFXIII will not fail in Europe.

Around the Network
Lightning08 said:
sc94597 said:
Lightning08 said:
Not a chance in hell.

KH1 to FFXII is not fair. KH1 to FFX and KH2 to FFXII is more like it as both sequels had drop offs.

KH does not have the Japan or Europe following required to top FF.

FFXII failed in Europe, that's why the sales for the game are so low, FFXIII will not fail in Europe.

Well FFXII doesn't have japan with the ps3 sales there.Hopefully the ps3 will have at least 2 times the userbase in japan by FFXIIIS release. This wouldn't help it too much if kh3 was on the wii though. Especially since the game will most likely be released many years from now and when the wii will have a userbase much larger than now and than the ps3 will have when XIII is released. Hell even if it was released for the ps3 I could still see it beating FFXIII becaue it's userbase will also be alot larger. Also how do you know XIII won't fail in Europe?

In order for KH3 to outsell FFXIII, FFXIII would have to be an outright failure salewise unless you lot are dreaming that KH3 will produce 6mil+ sales despite the fact that none of the past games achieved this.

KH2 was released in 2006 wasn't it? Massive userbase... but the game sold a good 2mil less than KH1 because we all woke up and realized that big userbase does not = big sales.

Lightning08 said:
In order for KH3 to outsell FFXIII, FFXIII would have to be an outright failure salewise unless you lot are dreaming that KH3 will produce 6mil+ sales despite the fact that none of the past games achieved this.

KH2 was released in 2006 wasn't it? Massive userbase... but the game sold a good 2mil less than KH1 because we all woke up and realized that big userbase does not = big sales.

Of course not, but tell me how much do you expect XIII to sell? I'm pretty sure it won't sell too much in japan compared to previous games. Unless it pulls of some massive attach rates, and even if that so it would have to pull off 100% if it was released now to get anywhere close to Xs sales in japan, and we don't know how much the ps3 would have sold in japan by release, but my guess is only about 50% more than it has sold. So obviously its not going to sell well in japan compared to previous games.So my guess for japan is about 1.5mil-2.0mil pulling off attach rates around 50%-75%.

Then we don't know if it will be popular in others again, but I believe it will and sell a good 1.5-2 million.

Now the U.S is where it will sell the most, but I'm also expecting the same as my other predictions. This is being generous you know. The highest it could sell imo is 6 million, and the original KH almost reached that goal. SO it is very possible for kh3 to outsell FFXIII .

I think this is a case of a vocal minority. There are plenty of people who will buy the game regardless but I think the level of devotion is just higher on this game than FFXIII resulting in more discussion.

With that said, it could very easily sell more than FFXIII if it goes multi-platform, which I think is likely.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
I think this is a case of a vocal minority. There are plenty of people who will buy the game regardless but I think the level of devotion is just higher on this game than FFXIII resulting in more discussion.

With that said, it could very easily sell more than FFXIII if it goes multi-platform, which I think is likely.

What do you believe it will go multiplatform with. Wii/Ps3?  PS3/360?  Wii/Psp? Wii/360?  no ps2, because square said no more ps2 games.

I believe even if its only on the wii it could sell more, and has a good chance if its only on the ps3. Not really if its a 360 exclusive. And an equally good chance as if it was on the wii if it was a 360/ps3 multiplat.